National Leader regarding the All Progressives Congress (APC) Asiwaju Bola Tinubu stands big amongst leaders within Nigeria.
He is regarded as like a patriotic elder statesman and Pan-Africanist anybody stays a huge inspiration in conformity with African youths.
Here are 10 facts you may not know about Tinubu, who clocks 69 today.
1. He was born and christened Adekunle Bola Ahmed Tinubu on March 29, 1952 in Lagos, Nigeria.
2. He attended St. John’s Primary School, Aroloya Lagos and Children’s Home School in Ibadan. Tinubu then went to the United States in 1975 where he studied first at Richard J. Daley College in Chicago, Illinois, and then at Chicago State University.
3. He is a degree holder in Accounting from Chicago State University.
4. For his academic prowess, he was awarded the prestigious Sumna cum laude (a latin phrase meaning “with highest honor.”) for scoring 3.54 out of possible 4.0 GP.
5. With his successful academic profile, young Tinubu contested and won his first political election as President of the Accounting Society of the institution in his final year at the University.
6. He worked with Arthur Anderson, Deloitte and Sells and GTE Services Corporation. He joined Mobil Oil, Nigeria in 1983 after returning to Nigeria.
7. He holds the titles of Asiwaju of Lagos and the Jagaban of the Borgu Kingdom in Niger State, Nigeria.
8. During his eight-year rule as Lagos Governor, he made large investments in education and also returned many schools to the original owners.
9. He is blessed with three children: Oluwaseyi Tinubu, Abibat Tinubu and Folashade Tinubu (Iyaloja General).
10. On March 28, 2021, Tinubu visited Emir of Kano, in his advocacy towards national integration for growth and development.