The basic responsibilities, duties, necessary assets and attitude, and significance of professionally designed, true leadership training, exists, and is similar, regardless of the type of organization, etc, being represented. Whether, it's a small, local group, a national or international one, or, a civic, social, professional, or position, of leading, related to public service (a public official), the idea of leading, and, the necessities, remain, quite similar! Every quality/ meaningful leader must be ready, willing, able, and qualified/ trained, to use specific steps, in order to get those things, needed and necessary, done! With that in mind, this article will attempt to, briefly, consider, examine, review, and discuss, 5 steps, real, true leaders, must use, to get things done/ achieved.
1. Observe; evaluate; discover; avoid prejudging: A real leader must proceed, with an open - mind, in order to avoid, prejudging, and limiting his possibilities. Life evolves, and, thus, if groups fail - to, it no longer serves the true needs, and priorities. We presently witness this, in many areas, and one, which is, particularly, apparent, and, thus, disturbing/ concerning, is President Trump, apparent desire, to only consider, the same - old, same - old, demonstrated by his campaign slogan, Make America Great Again! After, over four decades, of personal involvement, in nearly every aspect of leading, and leadership planning, including training thousands, etc, I often witness this, in those, considering, a leadership position, in a wide variety of organizations! The best leaders, initially take the time, and make a concerted effort, to observe, evaluate, and discover, the group's heritage, needs, priorities, and consider all viable options and alternatives!
2. True strategic planning: Far too often, a group's so - called, strategic planning, process, deteriorates, to merely, blaming, complaining/ griping! Factors, to be considered, include: relevance of the organization's existing mission statement (and, whether, it needs, tweaking, etc), the heritage, vision, priorities, perceptions, and, present, as well as, future challenges, needs, and priorities!
3. Conceive, create, implement viable action plan: Strategic plans, only, become meaningful/ relevant, if, it leads, to conceiving, creating, and implementing, the best possible, viable, well - considered, action plan, including thoroughly, evaluating contingencies, etc!
4. Review progress: Once, the action plan, takes place, a real leader is responsible, for continuously, reviewing the progress, as well as areas of strength, and weaknesses, and proceeding, to seamlessly, adapt the approach, in a well - considered, timely manner!
5. Motivate; inspire; coordinate: Leading requires proactively, motivating, and inspiring constituents, to greater involvement, and caring, focused on the common/ greater good! The leader must be ready, prepared, and willing, to consistently, coordinate the actions, towards the finest path, to pursue!
Groups, organizations, constituents, voters, and those, serving and voting for public officials, must do, all they can, to ensure, future leaders, are better prepared, and ready to serve and represented! We can't continue to accept, this apparent, dearth, of genuine leadership!
Richard has owned businesses, been a COO, CEO, Director of Development, consultant, professionally run events, consulted to thousands of leaders, and conducted personal development seminars, for 4 decades. Rich has written three books and thousands of articles. His company, PLAN2LEAD, LLC has an informative website http://plan2lead.net and Plan2lead can also be followed on Facebook http://facebook.com/Plan2lead
Article Source: https://EzineArticles.com/expert/Richard_Brody/492539
Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/10332889