Accounting Analyst (she/he/they)Remote Job
Trafilea is a global company that builds communities and transformative brands. We own the brands and take care of the entire customer journey, to deliver wow-worthy experiences that influence and empower millions of people globally.
Our culture is fast-paced and dynamic. We are data-driven enthusiasts, passionate about marketing, exponential technologies, and innovation.
We have over 300 hundred employees working around the world, connected by the same purpose and core values. Our support for this new way of working has led to being featured in Forbes and FlexJobs as one of the Top 25 Companies for Remote Workers.
We are looking for dynamic, dedicated, and committed individuals with a strong desire to grow, that can drive the brand forward on its truly exciting journey.
Do you want to know more about our Brands? Shapermint & Truekind.
We are looking for an Accounting Analyst with a Big 4 experience in external audit, auditing retail or eCommerce companies to join our team!
This role will be responsible for all day-to-day accounting functions, helping with the monthly close process, generating financial statements, and developing business insights from accounting information. As part of a lean and dynamic team, this role will have a tremendous opportunity for impact and ownership from day one, including helping us build a financial foundation that scales with our growth. The ideal candidate will be proactive with an ownership mentality, a team player with strong communication skills, personable, and eager to work in a fast-paced environment.
Expected outcomes & responsibilities
- Support in the accounting closing process, to accomplish timely month-end, quarter-end, and year-end close procedures for certain key balance sheet and income statement accounts (including preparing journal entries and account reconciliations).
- Proactively investigate and resolve discrepancies – research and explain account fluctuations.
- Assist in the preparation of internal and external reporting packages for management, investors, and key vendors.
- Maintain and improve current accounting processes and infrastructure. Assist in improving the accounting and financial reporting process by helping to evaluate processes and opportunities to add value and efficiency.
- Participate in the external audit process, providing all the documentation on time to the auditors related to the accounts and samples assigned.
- Excellent spoken and written English is a must.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting (or close to finish) is a must.
- 3 years of experience in a Big4 company working in the External Audit division, auditing Retail companies OR at least 2 years of experience in a Big 4 plus 2 years of experience as an Accounting Analyst in a Retail company.
- Advanced Excel is a must.
- 2 years of experience in IFRS is a must.
- SOX / US GAAP and NetSuite ERP experience is a plus.
What We Have to Offer
- Proximity doesn’t influence productivity. As a globally distributed team, you can live and work wherever you want.
- A rich experience including the opportunity to collaborate with world-class talents. Encouraging transparency and open communication to all.
- A data-driven, dynamic, energetic work environment, full of talented, goal-oriented, and empathetic people working together to grow and develop both as professionals and human beings.
- A safe space to be who you truly are. We embrace and support diversity, and equity and work hard every day to keep becoming more inclusive.
- Openness to new ideas and initiatives: You can always join a squad, tribe, or committee, and start new ones. Bring your hobbies and passions and transform them into projects!
For more benefits please visit our Trafilea Web Site.