Title: Accounting Analyst
Location: US National
Remote – US
Twelve is a new kind of chemical company built for the climate era. Our breakthrough technology eliminates emissions by turning CO2 into essential products. We are a team of scientists, engineers and problem solvers on a mission to fundamentally shift the way the world addresses climate change and lead the transition to a fossil free future with our carbon transformation technology.
We are currently looking for an Accounting Analyst to join our team. This role will report to the Director of Accounting and play an important part in developing processes and procedures for the financial statement close process. This role will have the opportunity to work cross functionally, assist in future system implementations, and be a part of scaling the business.
This is a full-time, remote position located in the US.
What you will do
- Execute portions of the financial statement close process to create monthly GAAP financial statements including recording journal entries and preparing reconciliations.
- Own the end-to-end accounting process for G&A expense accounts including processing invoices or expense reports, developing accrual and prepaid accounting procedures, partnering with cross-functional business owners to understand drivers, and forecast future spend.
- Assist in the design and implementation of future financial systems (i.e. PTP, ERP).
- Identify process improvement opportunities.
- Support the annual audit, tax filings, and other financial compliance obligations.
Who you are
- You have a bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance.
- You are driven to learn and understand the why behind financial performance and business processes.
- You have a strong understanding of Accounting basics.
- You love the details.
- You are a proactive self-starter and can manage your time well in a remote environment.
- You learn and adapt quickly, and thrive in a fast-paced startup environment.
- You are interested in working in an innovative Accounting and Finance organizational structure.
- You have strong communication skills.
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Paid sick days and vacation
- Competitive salary and equity compensation commensurate with experience
- Diverse and inclusive work environment