Accounts Payable Accountant
at Electric Hydrogen
Natick, Massachusetts, United States
Electric Hydrogen’s mission is to create an abundant and decarbonized material future. Our outstanding people are our most important asset and will allow us to deliver hydrogen from renewable electrolysis for heavy industry, at prices below fossil fuels.
Electric Hydrogen is searching for an experienced Accounts Payable Accountant responsible for leading and scaling our accounts payable processes. You will help ensure we create a supply chain that never breaks (top-level company OKR) by strengthening our relationships with suppliers. You will own day-to-day bill processing and its evolution as we transition from Quickbooks Online (“QBO”) to our new Enterprise Resource Planning (“ERP”) system, MS Dynamics Business Central.
We are hiring 1 candidate for this role. This position is preferably based at an office location in Natick, MA or San Carlos, CA, but open to remote candidates.
- Accurately enter bills into our general ledger system. We currently use Quickbooks Online and are transitioning to MS Dynamics Business Central along with a not-yet-identified AP platform in early 2023
- Queue up payment approvals, presenting all relevant details and documentation clearly for review, and release approved payments for bills timely
- Research discrepancies of financial information and/or documentation (e.g., purchase orders, vendors, invoices, etc.) for ensuring accuracy and adherence to procedures prior to processing
- Partner with stakeholders and personnel from other departments to investigate billing questions and obtain approval of satisfactory vendor performance
- Manage inbound vendor invoices and communicate with vendors to resolve billing issues swiftly while also strengthening the relationship
- Help guide a successful transition to a new payments platform
- Evaluate and implement process changes and new technologies so that AP never breaks as the company grows
- Support 1099 filings
- 4+ years experience with AP or general accounting at company with more than $50M spend annually
- MS Excel proficiency as well as other MS Office products
- Experience with ERP’s like MS Dynamics, NetSuite, Odoo
- Strong knowledge of accounting, financial reporting, and GAAP
- Experience with purchase order platforms such as Coupa, SAP Ariba, Procurify, etc.
- Ability to interpret, apply and explain rules, regulations, policy, and procedures
- Deep understanding of procure-to-pay cycles
- Experience in a manufacturing company
Electric Hydrogen offers thebest benefits possible. We pay 100% of all employees’ health/dental/vision/disability insurance premiums and 100% of the premium for their immediate family. This is for all of our full-time employees. We feel strongly that our team should not have to worry about having quality healthcare. We also offer a generous 401k match and unlimited time-off.
COVID-19 vaccination required for all employees and contingent workers, unless a reasonable accommodation is approved. All prospective hires will be expected to provide proof of vaccination to attend an onsite interview or at their first day of employment.