Accounts Payable Associate
Finance – Remote – Full Time
Brilliant Earth – Accounts Payable Associate
The A/P Associate oversees and processes transactions within accounts payable to ensure vendors are paid in a timely fashion. In this role, you will work as part of a small, collaborative finance team and collaborate closely with other departments. You will have the opportunity to have a clear impact on the company’s growth while developing your accounting skills. Ideal candidates will thrive in a fast-paced startup environment and grow with the company to take on greater responsibility over time.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Enters vendor invoices and charges expenses to accounts and cost centers by analyzing invoice/expense reports. Report significant variances to management.
- Ensures all vendor invoices, credits, and disbursements are properly approved or matched with purchase order (PO) before processing.
- Resolves any PO, contract, invoice, or payment discrepancies.
- Schedules and prepares company checks, bill payments and bank wires as required.
- Maintains accounting sub-ledgers by verifying and properly posting account transactions.
- Verifies vendor accounts by reconciling monthly statements and related transactions in NetSuite.
- Processes corporate card transactions and monthly payments/reconciliations of credit cards
- Provides support in annual 1099 filing preparation
- Processes check requests and expense reports on a regular basis
- Provides analyses for transaction history
- Tracks and maintains historical vendor invoices and records.
- Experience working in Accounts Payable preferred
- NetSuite ERP System experience preferred
- Retail or manufacturing industry experiences preferred
- Experience in thorough data entry with a high level of attention to detail
- Collaborative, team player with a strong desire to learn and grow
- Exceptional time management skills and accountability in the role
- Robust Computer skills and Excel proficiency
- Interest in socially and environmentally responsible organizations and products
The targeted budget for this position is $40-46k. This compensation budget range may be adjusted at any time at the discretion of the company.
What We Offer:
At Brilliant Earth, we’re passionate about the employee experience. That’s why we offer an excellent training program and endless opportunities for career growth! In addition, we offer competitive compensation and a robust benefits package, including:
- Insurance. Medical, dental, and vision insurance kick in on the first day of your 2nd month!
- 401k match. We know that saving for the future is important. That’s why we offer a generous 401k match.
- Paid Time Off. We know it is important to recharge and relax- you’ll accrue 3 weeks of PTO in your first year.
- Disability and Life insurance. 100% employer-paid.
- Pre-Tax Commuter Benefits.
- Continued Education. Company-sponsored learning in leadership, professional skills, diversity & inclusion, and access to tuition reimbursement for role-specific trainings.
- Employee Discounts. As an employee at Brilliant Earth, you’ll receive a generous discount on our jewelry.
- Wellness Benefits. We offer access to exclusive discounts on gym memberships and more, as well as an Employee Assistance Program for 24/7 access to counseling.
- Giving Back and Volunteer Opportunities. In additional to our giving back programs, our teams support local initiatives and spend time together by volunteering.
More About Us
Brilliant Earth is one of the fastest growing e-commerce jewelers in the world, and the global leader in ethically sourced fine jewelry. Founded in 2005, we have been featured in Time, The Knot, Forbes, and Refinery29, among many other media outlets. We are a group of dedicated team members with a common goal of creating a more sustainable, transparent, and compassionate jewelry industry. We are searching for bright and passionate people who are excited to make an impact from day one and grow with the company to take on greater responsibility over time. We are hard-working team players that welcome challenges and rise to any occasion. Our community of collaboration, respect and encouragement is fostered by frequent team events, cross-departmental meetings and celebrating our wins, big and small. Brilliant Earth team members bring a top-notch attitude and a willingness to help each other grow.
Brilliant Earth recognizes the value of diversity and inclusion on our team, as we work together to reinvent fine jewelry in a thoughtful and modern way. At Brilliant Earth, we celebrate each other our successes, the lessons along the way, and the unique perspectives each individual brings to our team. It is our intent to maintain a work environment and hiring process which is free of harassment or discrimination because of sex, race, religion, color, national origin, physical or mental disability, genetic information, marital status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, military service, veteran status, or any other status protected by Federal, State or local laws. We are committed to complying with all Federal, State and local laws providing Equal Employment Opportunities, and all other employment laws and regulations.
How to Apply & What to Expect:
Everyone at Brilliant Earth has a voice we want to hear yours! If you are interested in growing with Brilliant Earth, send us a resume and cover letter letting us know why you are interested in joining our mission and our team. Please include a sentence about your favorite shape of diamond.
You’ll receive an email when we’ve received your application, and can expect an update within a week of applying. The interview process for this role includes a phone call with the recruiting team, an online exercise to explore our website and common customer inquiries, and a video interview with one of our leaders!
If you need assistance or reasonable accommodation completing an application or at any stage of the interview process, please reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.