Accounts Payable Clerk, Lead
- Remote, United States
- Fully remote
With over 300 locations across the US, Apria Healthcare’s mission is to improve the quality of life for our 1.8 million patients at home by providing home respiratory services and select medical equipment to help them sleep better, breathe better, heal faster, and thrive longer. Additional information can be found at www.apria.com.
The Accounts Payable Clerk, Lead is responsible for: analyzing and processing complex AP transactions; maintaining reconciliation spreadsheets, interaction with vendor & procurement; assisting clerical staff with issue resolution; coaching clerical staff.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Reviews the most complex invoices for all pertinent information such as quantity, description, unit price, freight, and payment terms. Ensures proper signature.
- Determines general ledger and department coding.
- Assigns, directs work and coaches staff. Schedules and organizes work assignments.
- Ensures work is performed accurately and efficiently.
- Assists in developing procedures and policies, testing system enhancements and implementation.
- Researches the most complex problem accounts.
- Contacts vendors to resolve account discrepancies.
- Maintains cash transfer logs. Reconciles cash receipts. Establishes and maintains accurate vendor files with address changes, tax payer I.D. codes and payment terms.
- Performs other duties as required
- Provides input on performance appraisals and selection, promotion, merit increases and employee discipline.
- Typically oversees 2 – 4 nonexempt employees.
Minimum Required Qualifications
Education and/or Experience
- Education or experience equivalent to a high school diploma is required.
- At least five years related experience is required.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES
- Business Acumen
- Problem Solving/Analysis
- Communication Proficiency
- Personal Effectiveness/Credibility
- Basic skills in Access, Excel, PowerPoint, MS Project, Visio, Word
- English (reading, writing, verbal)
- Basic level mathematical proficiency, with a strong ability to understand, interpret and develop spreadsheet data.
This is a stationary position that requires frequent sitting or standing, repetitive wrist motions, grasping, speaking, listening, close vision, color vision, and the ability to adjust focus. It also may require occasional lifting, carrying, walking, climbing, kneeling, bending/stooping, twisting, pulling/pushing, walking, bending, stooping, and reaching above the shoulder. Employees in this position must be physically able to efficiently perform the essential functions of the position. Reasonable accommodations will be provided to assist or enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the position, upon request.
Work is performed in an office setting with exposure to moderate noise.
Occasional travel as required.
The essential duties and responsibilities, physical requirements, and work environment described above are representative of those typically required for this position but may vary depending on staffing and business needs at specific locations. The inclusion or omission of a specific duty or physical requirement is, therefore, not determinative of whether that function is essential to a specific individual’s position.
Apria Healthcare is committed to hiring veterans and military spouses.
Comprehensive benefits package offered for eligible employees:
- Competitive salary
- Ability to have early access to earned wages
- Medical, Dental and Vision
- Healthcare Flexible Spending Accounts and Healthcare Savings Accounts
- Life, AD&D and Disability Insurance
- Paid Time Off, including Vacation, Personal Time, Paid Sick Leave & Paid Holidays
- 401K Savings Plan (available immediately)
- Educational Assistance
- Employee Referral Reward Program
- Employee Discount Programs
- Company Paid Employee Assistance Plan (available immediately)
- We recognize our veterans by offering a company paid day off for Veterans Day
- Career Advancement/ Development Opportunities
- Compensation is commensurate with experience
- Annual compensation is based on a 40 hour week
As an EOE/AA employer, Apria Healthcare is committed to providing all applicants and employees with equal access to employment opportunities, regardless of sex, race, age, color, national origin, disability, pregnancy, religion, genetic information, sexual orientation, transgender status, gender identity, marital status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. Apria Healthcare shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-300.5(a) and 60-741.5(a). These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals on the basis of protected veteran status or disability, and require affirmative action by covered prime contractors and subcontractors to employ and advance in employment qualified protected veterans and individuals with disabilities. AA/EOE, M/F/Disability and Vet