Title: Accounts Payable Lead
Location: Remote US
Affirm is reinventing credit to make it more honest and friendly, giving consumers the flexibility to buy now and pay later without any hidden fees or compounding interest. Affirm proudly includes Returnly.
The Accounting Operations team is a growing sub-team within the Accounting Department. Accounting Operations is responsible for Procure to Pay, Customer Payable, Accounts Receivable, and Travel & Expense. The AP Lead is a key player on our team, working with Financial Partnerships, Strategic Finance, and other team members to ensure the AP Department is running seamlessly, and in accordance with company policy. As we continue to grow, we have lots to learn and lots to build, and we hope you’ll join us during this exciting phase!
What you’ll do
- Supervise the 3 employees remotely
- Supervise daily accounts payable processing, including but not limited to, invoice approvals and payment approvals
- Supervise the month end close process; accruals, amortization schedules, GL account reconciliations, flux commentary
- Report and analyze team metrics
- Collaborate with stakeholder teams to diagnose and address bottlenecks and continuously improve our processes
- Conduct regular activities in support of SOX controls (e.g. quarterly review of open POs and inactive/duplicate vendors, W9 and W8 documentation)
What we look for
- You have 3-5 years of recent AP experience with a Procure-to-Pay tool, such as Coupa
- You have great leadership skills and are able to coach and guide your team
- You will have great attention to detail and take pride in your work
- You are curious and love to find new ways of understanding problems or improving processes
- You demonstrate strong analytical and problem-solving skills and can communicate your thinking clearly
- You have excellent time management and organizational skills
- You enjoy working cross-functionally
Location – Remote U.S.
Grade – USA27
Please note that visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
Affirm is proud to be a remote-first company! The majority of our roles are remote and can be located anywhere in the U.S. and Canada (with the exception of the U.S. Territories, Quebec, Yukon, Nunavut, and the Northwest Territories) unless the job indicates a different global location. We are currently building operations in Spain, Poland, and Australia. Employees in remote roles have the option of working remotely or from an Affirm office in their country of hire, and may occasionally travel to an Affirm office or elsewhere for required meetings or team-building events. Our offices in Chicago, New York, Pittsburgh, Salt Lake City, San Francisco and Toronto will remain operational and accessible for anyone to use on a voluntary basis, subject to local COVID-19 guidelines.
All full-time jobs at Affirm (excluding interns and apprentices) are tied to a transparent grade-based pay range taking location into account.
[Colorado Candidates] In accordance with Colorado’s Equal Pay for Equal Work Act, the grade for this position in Colorado is listed above. You can find the Colorado base pay range and benefits here.
If you got this far, we hope you’re feeling excited about this role. Even if you don’t feel you meet every single requirement, we still encourage you to apply. We’re eager to meet people who believe in Affirm’s mission and can contribute to our team in a variety of ways not just candidates who check all the boxes.
At Affirm, People Come First is one of our core values, and that’s why diversity and inclusion are vital to our priorities as an equal opportunity employer. You can read about our D&I program here and our progress thus far in our 2021 DEI Report.
We also believe It’s On Us to provide an inclusive interview experience for all, including people with disabilities. We are happy to provide reasonable accommodations to candidates in need of individualized support during the hiring process.