Accounts Payable Lead
Kasa is searching for an Accounts Payable Lead to join our cutting-edge Finance team. In this position, you will help build Kasa’s global brand by leading the accounts payable functions of the organization, improving processes and efficiency. In this role, you will report to the Senior Manager of Finance and work with different finance and accounting staff members as well as outsourced staff. You will play a critical role in building a market-leading, financial reporting organization to service Kasa’s rapid growth across multiple asset classes and geographies. It takes a dedicated person to succeed in this role and we hope you are excited by the challenge!
About the Team
Kasa is building an efficient and effective finance team to ensure best-in-class financial reporting and guest satisfaction. You will be joining a team with diverse backgrounds in hospitality, real estate, and private equity. The team focuses on building scalable processes by being resourceful and having a growth mindset. This remote role will be the seventh hire on the Finance team, allowing for significant upward mobility within a fast-growing organization.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance progressive GAAP experience required
- 3+ years of accounts payable experience
- Excellent attention to detail and strong time management skills
- You’re highly motivated and able to maintain efficiency while working independently
- You’re proactive by nature and can act decisively when needed
- You’re a team player who is committed to uplifting your coworkers and the company
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel and Google Suite
- You’ve worked in the hospitality industry at some point in your career, preferably working onsite as a full-time employee
- You’ve worked remotely at some point in your career
- You are proficient in Netsuite
- Have experience with Expensify, Bill.com, Routable or other payment processors
In one year, you will succeed at Kasa by having:
- Ensured all cash outlays are accurately processed through accounts payable system in a timely manner.
- Accurately and efficiently review expense GL to ensure proper classification/accrual of all expense items
- Support outsourced accounting team in month end close period
- Quickly turned around vendor spend / GL spend reports
- Operated independently, with limited supervision.
- Understood the guest, property owner and operating team product challenges facing companies in the global accommodations space
Day in the life of a Kasa [Accounts Payable (AP) lead]
As is normal in the accounting world, the Accounts Payable (AP) lead will hold the outsourced AP team accountable for the timely and accurate processing of invoices as assigned and according to AP procedures. At times, the AP lead will need to self-process urgent / high importance invoices. Once the daily invoice processing is complete, the AP Lead will serve as a liaison, lead communication and collaborate effectively with staff, outsourced team, and management to answer any accounts payable questions.
In the thick of month end close, the AP lead will support with solving bank queries, ensuring that all cash outlays are correctly processed through our AP systems and accounted for in our accounting system, and support reconciliations done by our outsourced team.
At all times, the AP lead should be looking for ways to improve the accounts payable process and its efficiency, and play a leadership role in training and assisting AP team members with process changes.
Every other week you will participate in a company-wide meeting and a departmental meeting where we discuss the business. You get to interact with leaders from other departments and share ideas to help grow the business. Our culture is based on a remote work environment where we take pride in getting to know each other and what drives us.
- Remote Work: With flexibility as a core value, and over three-quarters of the team working remotely, Kasa employees are able to work from anywhere!
- Kasa Travel Credit: We love to travel! Kasa employees get an allowance of free stays with us in any of our locations, plus a 50% discount on any night for friends and family
- Generous Stock Option Plan: We believe the success of our business should be shared with our team. As you grow with us, we increase the opportunities for you to become part-owners of our company.
- Flexible PTO: Full-time exempt Kasa employees are encouraged to take time off as they need and see fit, ensuring that it’s not disruptive to their work.
- Cell phone reimbursement: We reimburse a portion of your monthly cell phone bill to say thanks for using your personal phone during the workday.
- 401(k) plan: As you invest in yourself and your future, Kasa invests in you too: we match 50% of the first 4% of deferred salary.
- Top-of-the-line notebook: Kasa provides you with a notebook from the latest Macbook or Lenovo lines.
- Competitive Salary: We offer base salaries at or above market rates plus additional earning opportunities based on the position
- Health Coverage: We’ve invested in comprehensive health insurance options to help when you need it most
This role is fully remote, we set a location because some job boards require it.