Accounts Payable Manager
Job Locations: US-Remote
Job ID: 2022-14340
# of Openings: 1
We’re SmileDirectClub, and we believe everyone deserves a smile they’ll love. We also believe that you deserve a job you’ll love. Good thing you found us, and we found you. At SmileDirectClub, we’re all about empowering transformation. We want people to become more confident in how they look, how they feel, and how they think. So, we’re spreading smiles and positivity all over the country.
It’s no small task. That’s why we’re looking for energetic, passionate, and confident team members who can help turn frowns, into life-changing grins. Are you up for it?
The AP Manager will work closely with the Accounts Payable (AP) team leads and team members to help coordinate processing of invoices, payments, and research. The AP Manager will review and monitor the daily operational processing to ensure proper approvals per the Delegation of Authority and other controls are adhered to. The Manager will also oversee the AP related system’s operations and related projects, as well as help establish, monitor, action, and report on key departmental KPIs.
- Responsible for planning, scheduling, and supervising the work of an AP team within the established accounting policies of the Corporation
- Design & manage changes in methods and procedures to improve the efficiency of the Accounts Payable unit.
- Responsible for Coaching and mentoring AP Leads, Analysts, Specialists, and Partners; assigns work according to availability, skills, and developmental needs; assesses performance and provides feedback to direct reports.
- Manages a team of analysts that respond to customer service emails.
- Maintain, record, and analyze departmental metrics and provide reports period reporting and analyses to leadership
- Manage timely AP month-end closing process
- Manage with external and internal auditors to coordinate the annual audit, quarterly reviews, and corporate internal audit projects; providing information and schedules to the auditors as needed.
- Manages Work From-Home (WFH) coordination, accountability, and productivity.
- Leads and supervises Travel and T&E team members within the established policies of the corporation.
- Responsible the Company’s Travel program as well as T&E report processing
- Provide administration of the Concur application as it relates to team member expense reporting and travel bookings on behalf of the organization.
- Maintain, lead, and recommend opportunities to leverage the Concur application to improve organizational efficiencies.
- Train, coordinate workload and activities on behalf of the Travel team.
- Support SDC Team Members as well as interviewees with travel bookings.
- Maintain accurate and efficient document management and filing system for travel receipts and itineraries.
- Prepare expense reports for charges made on company cards managed by the Finance Team. This will entail communicating with team members across teams in the organization to obtain receipts that support charges.
- Create new users’ profiles and manage existing users’ profiles in Concur.
- Participate and/or lead other projects as directed by leadership
- At least 6 years of demonstrated experience in Accounts Payable and T&E with at least 3 years’ experience in a leadership role.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Accounting highly preferred
- Advanced skills with Microsoft Office; above average Excel skills
- Strong market knowledge and business acumen
- Knowledge of Document Management Software as Share Point is a plus
- Knowledge of US GAAP is a plus
- Knowledge of NetSuite and Coupa
Abilities & Skills:
- Ability to work independently as well as collaboratively with peers, and cross-functionally within the company.
- Highly motivated, detail oriented, deadline driven, and ability to communicate effectively
- Collaborating & Influencing: works well with others, effectively listening as well as sharing necessary information.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Detail oriented and strong organizational skills
- Team building skills, treats people fairly, demonstrating sensitivity to differences and appreciation for diverse perspectives and opinions
- Inquisitive nature and the desire to solve problems with analytical thinking
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment with demonstrated ability to juggle and prioritize multiple, competing tasks and demands and to seek supervisory assistance as appropriate
Benefits of Joining the Club
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
- 401K with match
- Aligner and Whitening Benefit
- Collaborative work environment and positive culture
SmileDirectClub was founded on a simple belief: everyone deserves a smile they love. The Company is the first digital brand for straightening your smile, created after the realization that recent trends in 3D printing and telehealth could bring about disruptive change to the invisible aligner market by matching licensed professionals, a quality clear-aligner product, and customers together. By leveraging proprietary, cutting-edge technology, SmileDirectClub, LLC-affiliated dentists are providing greater access of care to consumers who couldn’t otherwise afford orthodontic treatment to get a better smile.