Accounts Receivable/Accounts Payable Specialist
Job Locations US
Type Regular Full-Time
BOOST LLC is a dynamic management consulting firm that offers an array of government-compliant back-office solutions to support our teaming partners within the GovCon space. Our consultants are experts in the areas of Accounting, Contracts, Human Resources, Recruiting & Sourcing, and Strategic Pricing and our passion is to guide and propel our partners towards success within this competitive sector.
We are currently seeking a AR/AP Specialist to join our internal team here at BOOST. This position will report to the Controller and is responsible for entering weekly accounts payable and accounts receivable entries, application of payments, reconciliation of bank and credit cards, assisting the Seniors with month close and maintaining accurate accounting files per each client.
This position requires management of several clients, exceling at client/team relationship building, as well as ensuring quality, communication, and proactiveness in all deliverables.
This is a full-time, fully-remote position.
- Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable weekly coding and management
- Preparing and maintaining accounting documents and records
- Bank and Credit Card Reconciliations
- Cost Accounting application for projects
- People and Expense assignment set ups in accounting system
- Payroll journal entries and labor distributions
- Reconciliation of balance sheet accounts for month close
- Comply with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) for financial statements
- Researching, tracking, and resolving accounting and/or documentation discrepancies
- Participating in monthly and fiscal-quarter closings, preparing general ledger journal entries, and analyzing revenue recognition and expense variances
- Compiling reports/summaries of financial activity
- Additional duties as assigned
Experience & Education Requirements
- Familiarity with The Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR)
- Advanced experience with MS Office Excel (Pivot tables, Vlookups, xlookups, Sumsif, etc.)
- 1+ years of experience working for a Government Contractor / experience with Government Contracting
- 1+ years of experience working in a similar accounting role
- Participate in Accounting skills exams
- Highest attention to detail
- Strong Communication and professional presentation (remote)
- Proactive approach to project management processing for multiple clients
- Demonstrates initiative, resourcefulness, and ability to manage multiple assignments and deliverables
Work Authorization Requirements
- Valid authorization to work in the U.S.
- Bachelor’s Degree or a Degree in progress within accounting or related field (Finance, business, etc.)
- Experience working with one or more accounting systems as listed
- Experience working with payroll systems, timesheet systems, and expense systems
- Knowledge of Cost Accounting Standards