Accounts Receivable Specialist
Remote – USA
This role will report to Order Management Associate Director remote.
- Regular and prompt phone and email contact with customers who are approaching or have reached an overdue status to minimize bad debt risk
- Act in compliance with company goals, policies, and procedures as they pertain to collection activity, our collections strategy and specified Accounts Receivable goals and objectives
- Communicate with the Sales Department on past due accounts at specified intervals. Inform sales representatives and management of changes in account status in a timely manner
- Meet defined department and individual goals along with assigned month end reporting requirements and metrics
- Establish and maintain effective and cooperative working relationships within the department and company including OPIS, AXXIS, and Dow Jones. Communicate with internal staff regarding customer payments and issues preventing a timely resolution.
- Manage customers by remaining polite, tactful, firm, and professional and follow up frequently for payment commitments, Provide high-quality customer service in a timely manner
- Maintain client confidentiality and always deliver a consistent and professional level of service
- Enter detailed notes and client information in our CRM system, NetSuite
- Coordinate with outside collection agency to address extreme bad debt clients
- Work with billing team to monitor the central email box where customer billing replies and inquiries go
- Review customer accounts on a regular basis for account cleanup and submit requests to billing team to perform cleanup transactions
- Work with Dow Jones Finance team to complete vendor forms and customer registrations
- Submit customer invoices into their designated billing portals, as needed
- Research and perform special projects and other activities as needed
- 2-3 years+ collections experience preferred
- Strong attention to detail, goal oriented, the ability to work independently, prioritize tasks, manage multiple priorities and tight deadlines
- Preferred history of demonstrated success in a fast paced, flexible environment with shifting demands and priorities.
- Develop a positive working relationship with internal and external stakeholders
- Solid Microsoft Excel skills, preferred
- Solid Google suite knowledge, including Gsheets, Docs and Slides preferred
Dow Jones , Making Careers Newsworthy
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status. EEO/AA/M/F/Disabled/Vets .
Dow Jones is committed to providing reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities, in our job application and/or interview process. If you need assistance or accommodation in completing your application, due to a disability, please reach out to us at TalentResourceTeam@dowjones.com. Please put Reasonable Accommodation” in the subject line.
To enter one of our US based offices: Any offer of employment is contingent on providing proof of Covid-19 vaccination prior to your start date, subject to approved medical and/or religious exemptions, in accordance with applicable law.