Activist Copywriter & Social Media Manager
Status is an organization building the tools and infrastructure for the advancement of a secure, private, and open web3. We have been completely distributed since inception. Our team is currently 100+ core contributors strong, and welcomes a growing number of community members from all walks of life, scattered all around the globe.
We care deeply about open source, and our organizational structure has minimal hierarchy and no fixed work hours. We believe in working with a high degree of autonomy while supporting the organization’s priorities.
A group of Status Contributors are also involved in a new project, called Logos, and this particular role will enable you to also focus on this project. Logos is a grassroots movement to provide trust-minimized, corruption resistant governing services and social institutions to underserved citizens.
Logos’ infrastructure will provide a base for the provisioning of the next-generation of governing services and social institutions – paving the way to economic opportunities to those who need them most, whilst respecting basic human rights through the network’s design.
You can read more about Logos here: in this small handbook for mindful readers like yourself.
Who You Are?
Status is looking for an Activist Copywriter to manage and write for our social media accounts. Must be a strong advocate for Decentralization, Speech and Privacy. Focusing specifically on the fulfillment of civil liberties and corporate threats to speech and privacy online and technology.
Passionate about highlighting how communities are stifled by state surveillance and corporate restrictions. Previous experience working with political groups / activists globally to collaboratively facilitate change is important.
- Write and maintain the social media accounts and messaging in a consistent manner
- Help contribute to building a Tone of Voice Guideline document for the network
- Check in and align with Brand Studio on goals and messaging for the week
You ideally will have:
- Experience in, and passion for, blockchain technology
- A strong alignment to our principles: https://status.im/about/#our-principles
- Strong advocacy for Decentralization, Speech and Privacy
- Experience with political or activist movements
- A body of work demonstrating writing abilities
- Shared values and political ideologies of the cypherpunk movement
Bonus points if:
- Comfortable working remotely and asynchronously
- Experience working for an open source organization
- Technical writing experience
- Experience working within a similar organisation
Don’t worry if you don’t meet all of these criteria, we’d still love to hear from you anyway if you think you’d be a great fit for this role.