Summer Virtual Administrative Assistant
Are you ready to join a mission driven company focused on transforming educational opportunities for public school students across the country?
Are you interested in impacting the next generation of future leaders with diverse backgrounds?
Are you excited by the possibility of being a team player who supports an educational program that is innovative and has proven results? If yes, read on.
Ed Inquiry is a virtual education research firm created by a small innovative diverse team of educators focused on closing the achievement and excellence gaps. We are a mission driven organization and seek others that share the goal of expanding access to a quality education for ALL students.
We are looking for a Virtual Administrative Assistant who is highly organized, people centered and can handle the demands of a high traffic virtual main office. As the Virtual Operations Associate, you will interface with all stakeholders including parents/families, students, teaching staff and other groups in order to successfully support our Virtual Summer Program. What you do each and every day will be the foundation that supports our core instructional program. You will likely be the first person that our students and families meet in the virtual space and so it is essential that this individual can maintain a warm demeanor while working in a fast paced environment.
The Virtual Administrative Assistant for Ed Inquiry must be a self-starter, capable of working within a very high energy and highly focused team of individuals that are breaking new ground in K-12 education. We are looking for someone who is highly organized, super motivated and passionate about helping others.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Receive instant messages, phone calls, emails and walk-in inquiries in our virtual Main office and provide information/responses that will yield positive solutions for our participants and their families
- Coordinate measures related to student daily attendance, teacher attendance and other programming needs.
- Prepare daily communication and send the communication to parents of absent students
- Provide supervision of the Virtual main office and ensure that all assigned students are sent to the correct virtual classrooms at the start of the day.
- Maintain accurate and orderly confidential records and share those records with EdInquiry Leadership Team
- Prepare and Share daily data/metrics in graphs and tables
- Prepare, receives, sends, and maintain records and correspondence as needed
- Interact and engage with the EdInquiry Leadership team and complete assigned tasks as needed.
- Perform other duties as assigned
Education and Experience Required
- A great attention to detail and the ability to multitask in a fast paced environment
- Working knowledge of student information systems preferred
- Skilled at working with computers, especially Google Suite
- Willingness and ability to learn new skills and processes as needed
- Organized in work habits and able to meet very tight and specific deadlines
- Extremely friendly and is customer service oriented
- Open to feedback and growth
This position is a full time seasonal contracted position that will be fully virtual and flexible. Expect that this employment offer will last throughout the entirety of the summer. We believe in families and flex time. Our staff are located throughout the country and connect virtually daily.
Ed Inquiry serves a very diverse student population and we take pride in our diverse staff and inclusive environment, so we strongly encourage applicants of color to apply.
About Ed Inquiry
Ed Inquiry is a 21st century, multicultural, education research company focused on the transformation of schools, especially those serving lower income communities. Our research-based, multicultural approach is supported by world class recognized innovators in education, analytics, technology, and business redesign. The foundation of our approach is research based, data driven and analytical. We analyze all streams of school and district data to uncover opportunities for student growth or identify challenges to academic attainment. Our approach aligns best practices found within education with techniques and methods successfully used in the private sector supported by 21st century communication strategies.
Ed Inquiry LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer Committed to providing a diverse and inclusive academic environment for its students, instructors, and staff.