Title: Administrative Assistant
Location: United States
Employment Type: Contract
Location: US – Remote
Workplace type: Fully remote
Knack is seeking an Administrative Assistant to join our team and assist the Operations team during a time of exciting growth. At Knack, the operations team is responsible for the day-to-day operations of the company as well as the financial and HR functions. As the Administrative Assistant, you’ll get to flex your prior administrative experience and develop new skills at a growing tech company in the no-code space. This person will report directly to our Operations lead, get a peak behind the Knack curtain, contribute in meaningful ways across our organization, and have a meaningful impact on the lives of our team and end-users.
This role will start as a 6-month contractor position with the possibility of becoming a permanent employee.
What You’ll Do:
- Help with the day-to-day running of a fully remote team that is rapidly growing and has employees and contractors in 20+ states and 7+ countries.
- Perform tasks related to AP (accounts payable), customer billing, AR (accounts receivable), and expense categorization.
- Assist with the planning and execution of in-person company retreats and user conferences.
- Provide administrative support to the CEO and executive leadership through meeting scheduling, travel planning, and other needs.
- Assist with employee and contractor onboarding, engagement, and offboarding.
- Aid the recruitment efforts of new employees and contractors.
- Draft, revise, and continue to iterate on SOPs (standard operating procedures) as well as company-wide docs.
- Help with the execution of virtual company-wide meetings and events include All Hands meetings and social gatherings.
- Contribute to the planning and execution of one-off projects including updating state registrations, new system migration and set up, reviewing recurring expenses, and more.
- Review and triage incoming mail and emails for the operations team.
The Skills and Experience You Bring:
- Two years prior administrative experience.
- Prior event or logistics experience. This could take the form of assisting with the planning and/or execution of a family/friend gathering, a wedding, an event for a group that you volunteer with, etc.
- An aptitude for continued professional growth and learning.
- Strong attention to detail and exceptionally organized – Having your hands in so many aspects of a company means you need to have the ability to keep track of it all without letting important items slip through the cracks. To that end, if you apply for this position, be sure to mention fuchsia in your response to the “What excites you most about this opportunity” question.
- Ability to execute complex and multi-step tasks and projects.
- Capacity to learn new systems and programs with ease and speed.
- Flexibility and adaptability to jump in to assist the operations team in new ways as this role evolves. Not only is the ability to be self-driven and to hold yourself accountable critically important in remote environments, but even more so in administrative roles. The solutions to the problems you’ll face in this role won’t always be clear. You’ll need to have the fortitude to keep doing good work in the face of uncertainty.
- Comfort with ambiguity and change.
- Approach situations with a solution-focused mindset.
- Proactive and personally accountable in the work that you do.
- A phenomenal written and verbal communicator. Communication is the lifeblood of a successful remote company and a successful Administrative Assistant. You’ll need to know how to communicate openly while also being keenly aware of when to keep sensitive and confidential information under-wraps.
- People centric – We’re big believers in putting our team and our users at the center of everything we do. You’ll need to have the ability and desire to build rapport with internal team members in order to do your job well and in a way that supports the unique needs of our people. We are looking for an outgoing advocate for team connection and collaboration.
- Familiarity with remote communication and productivity tools including Slack, Zoom, Google Suite, and Microsoft Office. Nice to have familiarity with project management, financial, and customer support tools including Monday.com, Trello, Stripe, QuickBooks, and ZenDesk.
We’re 100% remote: and have been from the beginning. Every decision we’ve made has been based on optimizing our remote operations.
The biggest benefit of Knack is getting to work alongside our awesome team of Knackleheads. We’re a funny, humble, talented team of delightful human beings that, above all, enjoy working with each other, growing with each other, and supporting each other.
These benefits aren’t that bad either, though:
- Define your work: find the location, environment, and schedule that is best for your life and work. It’s not about separation, it’s about optimization. Our only rule is an overlap zone of 11am to 4pm EST.
- Unlimited Paid Vacation: take the time you need to stay motivated, charged, and balanced. You’ll get required days off for birthdays and knackiversaries.
- Paid Corporate Retreats: we get together twice a year at amazing locations to do normal human being things in person. We pay for your flight, lodging, and meals.
- HealthCare: we offer health, vision, and dental, covering 75% of the premium for you and your dependents (spouse + children).
- 401(k): we give you the option to automatically deduct funds from your pay to stash them away for your golden years (currently non-matching, but stay tuned!)
- Equal opportunity: we push everyone to maximize their impact on our product and company–we strongly value all of our people, regardless of title or seniority.
- Learning Credits – An annual allowance is provided to stay on top of your game with classes, books, and conferences.
- Family support: we offer a generous paid family leave to welcome any new additions to your family.
- Tech: we provide a top-of-the-line MacBook.