Administrative Assistant, SFG
Job Category: – Insurance Operations
Requisition Number: ADMIN004680
Location: Chicago, IL; Des Moines, IA; Fargo, ND; Sioux Falls, SD or Remote
Assist Senior Management in administrative and office support duties.
- Administration of Senior management’s mail, files, correspondence and Outlook calendar including: distributing and filing correspondence, monitoring Outlook calendars and maintaining email files, as well as scheduling meetings and preparing materials for the executive and other department managers.
- Receive phone calls for Senior Management as necessary and respond to calls and resolve concerns as appropriate.
- Assist with expense reporting and corporate credit card statements.
- Gather data, compile and distribute departmental reports as assigned.
- Manage meeting preparations; including room set up, food/beverage order, prepares and distributes meeting materials and agendas.
- Handle confidential material and maintain confidentiality on all matters.
- Assist with PowerPoint presentations.
- Coordinate travel and events for group and guest accommodations.
- Take and distribute minutes at meetings when necessary.
- Research and gather information on local venues to be used for meetings and dinners. Support corporate events and work with external vendors to plan events on behalf of the company.
- Assist with special projects and temporary assignments.
- Requisition supply orders as needed.
- Commitment to embrace Sammons Financial Group Companies shared values (Respect, Accountability, Integrity, and Openness)
- As stated within the Company Attendance and Punctuality policy, regular attendance is required and expected in order to meet the business service levels and workflow demands.
- High School Diploma required
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- 3-5 years’ office experience preferred
- Strong organization skills
- Strong relationship building skills
- Must have excellent Microsoft Office skills (PowerPoint, Excel, Word (Adobe for legal department support)
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Must be able to learn and retain details of job procedures quickly and ability to prioritize and meet deadlines
- Pay Range for Administrative Assistant: $33,441 – $69,668: Range includes data points from multiple labor markets. Specific range is dependent on the labor market where the incumbent will be hired to perform the position. Starting salary is dependent on candidate qualifications and experience. For a narrower salary range specific to your labor market, please inquire.
- Sammons Financial Group offers incentive programs for defined goals subject to eligibility and performance. Monetary rewards are based on individual and/or overall company performance.
- Our competitive benefit package includes: Health, Dental, Vision, Company Paid Retirement, PTO and Holiday Pay.
- Due to the financial nature and level of accountability of this position, a credit and criminal background check is required – The Fair Credit Reporting Act requires Sammons Financial Group Companies to notify you that, as a routine part of processing this application for employment, Sammons Financial Group may request a consumer report on you to verify all information contained in this application. Such report may include information about work-related behaviors, performance, character, general reputation, and personal characteristics, in addition to information about your previous employment, education, credit history and criminal records