Title: Administrative Assistant
Location: United States – Remote – Full-Time
Strayer University is seeking an experienced, driven and focused Administrative Assistant. This position is well suited for an individual with superior multitasking, follow-through, organizational, problem-solving and communication skills. Ideal candidates will be proactive and have the ability to work collaboratively as well as with significant autonomy.
- Maintain complex calendars, schedule appointments and other commitments, coordinate internal meetings, plan and coordinate department meetings.
- Support a variety of meetings through duties ranging from agenda and materials coordination and taking minutes to managing on and off site participant logistics.
- Arrange travel for team members as needed; ensure optimum travel arrangements based on schedule and cost parameters.
- Maintain department organizational details published on internal and external websites, as well as electronic departmental workspace, such as SharePoint.
- Handle personal and confidential matters discreetly: (e.g. letters, sensitive personnel data, budget, etc.)
- Compose internal and external correspondence where necessary to complete any/all tasks with professional and timely responses to appropriate parties.
- Process department invoices, supply orders and team member expense reports.
- Reconcile corporate purchase card account and departmental cost centers at the close of each month.
- Partner with other assistants in the coordination of schedules, materials, and other work.
- Participate on university committees, assigned by supervisor.
- Performing all tasks above for the University Provost as the highest priority and all of the Provosts direct reports.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Confident, engaged professional, committed to providing attention to detail.
- Poised and nimble in addressing unplanned or short-notice issues requiring sound judgment and limited direction.
- Ability to communicate effectively with employees at all levels of the organization.
- Demonstrated ability to manage/coordinate multiple projects for several constituents and successfully determine priorities for multiple tasks with good judgment, initiative, follow-through and ability to meet deadlines.
- Anticipate needs of the Provost and direct reports to proactively seek to offer support.
- A high degree of proficiency with technological office products including but not limited to: Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project, Visio, and Outlook), SharePoint, and Adobe Connect.
- Discretion when handling sensitive and confidential matters.
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team; skilled at being self-directed/motivated.
- Promptness related to project deadlines as well as in-office work hours. Strong process orientation with outstanding problem-solving skills.
- Exceptional written communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to recognize opportunities for process improvement and willingness to take on new challenges
- 1-2 years preferred experience as an administrative assistant, preferably in a dynamic, fast-paced environment
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution preferred or commensurate experience
Certificates, licenses and registrations
- Must be able to travel 0-10% of time.
- Must be able to lift 40 lbs.
- Typical office setting.
- Mobility within the office including movement from floor to floor.
- Travel via plane, car, and metro may be required to perform this job.
- Must be able to work more than 40 hours per week when business needs warrant
- Access information using a computer.
- Effectively communicate, both up and down the management chain.
- Effectively cope with stressful situations
- Strong mental acuity
- Regular, dependable attendance and punctuality are essential functions of this job.
- Other essential functions and marginal job functions are subject to modification.