Title: American English Language Tutor
Location: United States
We Are Rosetta Stone – now a part of the IXL Learning family of brands!
We all share a passion for building a world in which everyone can speak, read, and write with confidence. Our innovative, technology-based language and literacy solutions are used by thousands of schools, businesses, and government organizations—and millions of learners around the world.
At Rosetta Stone we are dedicated to helping people change their lives through the power of language. Join our passionate, energetic, and international team and add your talents to Who We Are!
As a language tutor, you will facilitate small, engaging, and safe online tutoring sessions that help learners produce speech and socialize in their new language. You will motivate thousands of learners and serve as a bridge to help them communicate thoughts and concepts, and connect cultures in a way that ultimately changes lives. You are self-motivated and take pride in your commitment to our learners and your colleagues. You are a team player and have a desire to be part of a collaborative, high-energy team. You thrive in an adaptable work environment! You understand time management and priorities and can adjust your schedule to accommodate the needs of this role.
You Are a full-time English US tutor
Rosetta Stone is searching for native speakers of English US to facilitate a series of energetic online language classes and provide feedback for beginner to advanced students. Applicants MUST be comfortable with technology and have access to broadband Internet.
We are looking for candidates who can work 40 hours weekly, from 2pm-10pm Eastern Time. This will include four weekdays and one weekend day and will include a mix of teaching and administrative duties. This is a remote, full-time position.
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING
- Deliver high quality tutoring sessions in all products offered by Rosetta Stone
- Prepare and adapt sessions to meet the needs of learners
- Manage your schedule effectively
- Support other departments as needed
- Create resources for tutors and edit content used in the product
- Create community among language teams
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- You are a native English US speaker
- Completion of a Bachelor’s degree required
- Teaching and/or tutoring experience preferred (familiarity with Rosetta Stone platforms desired)
- Flexible to adjust hours based on business needs and provide back-up sessions when emergencies arise
- Strong proficiency with technology and online platform experience with web conferencing solutions preferred
- Exceptional written and verbal communication, ability to teach grammar concepts
- Exceptional presentation skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills – dynamic, enthusiastic, upbeat individual who connects well with others and has a positive, collaborative attitude
- Organized, methodical, and detail-oriented
- Ability to prioritize and effectively manage multiple projects and tasks concurrently, from start to finish
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team