AP Assistant- Part Time
Anywhere, United States of America
Reporting to our Manager of Accounting, the Part-time AP Assistant provides support to our accounting department by performing a variety of financial and administrative tasks.
Our Part-time AP Assistant has an analytical mind, exemplary financial awareness and possesses excellent communication and interpersonal skills. Our Part-time AP Assistant will, at times, work cross functionally with department leaders to improve efficiency throughout the company.
Our ideal candidate will be a dynamic, detail oriented leader with deep business acumen, strategic insight, sound judgment, a positive attitude, and confidence in their intuition and ability to make critical and in the moment judgment calls. We’re looking for a positive and thoughtful self-starter who can take initiative and adapt to evolving circumstances, which is always the case in our bootstrapped, high-growth and young company.
This is an opportunity for a nimble and adaptive leader to balance a strategic focus with a roll up the sleeves mindset to both impact and help shape a growing and successful business and its internal structure.
Farmgirl’s next Part-time AP Assistant will be excited to have the opportunity to
- Own the entire Farmgirl Flowers South invoice cycle.
- Process and enter Farmgirl Flowers South invoices into Xero and our inventory management system (DEAR)
- Work with POC at Farmgirl Flowers South closely to ensure accuracy in invoicing
- Verify invoices against supporting documents
- Assist with the month-end close process
- Book all Farmgirl Flowers South COGS accrual
- Hours not to exceed 20 hours per-week
- Act as burst capacity support to the full time AP Assistant and accounting department as a whole.
- Ad Hoc projects
- Recommend better business strategies and policies (and plans to action them) for company growth
- Exemplify the desired culture and philosophies of the organization
Farmgirl is excited about you because you have
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent business acumen
- Love of accuracy in the details
- Proven track record in effective problem-solving
- Tact, diplomacy and calmness, especially in situations that require a sense of urgency
- Good intuition to make critical judgment calls
- A minimum of 2+ years experience in accounting (including but not limited to bookkeeping, accounts payable, accounts receivable, Quickbooks, Xero)
- Degree in Accounting, a related field of study or equivalent work experience
- Experience with Xero, Hubdoc, Approval Max, or DEAR is a plus
You’ll love working at Farmgirl because
- We are a successful, profitable, super fast-growing company. Only those who really want to work at a fast-growing company apply please, as we do not have any plans to slow down!
- We create products that bring joy to thousands of peoples lives each day, which is really special! How many companies get to do that?
- We lead the industry for product quality and customer service
- We get to build an amazing company and team built on respect and empowering and supporting one another
- We’re scrappy and get to see the fruits of our labor in real-time each and every day
- We believe in autonomy and reward taking initiative
- As a 100% e-commerce business, we are technologically focused and data-driven
- We get to be creative every day and build a great company, without red tape or bureaucracy
- We have an amazing team and company culture that you’ll love being a part of
- We have an impressively smart and dedicated CEO and management team who are focused on developing all team members in the organization. Our team really is special!
- Competitive salaries, PTO, and comprehensive health benefits
Farmgirl Flowers fight against COVID-19
This position is subject to Farmgirl Flowers COVID-19 vaccination requirement.
In our fight against COVID-19 and our mission to maintain a safe and healthy work environment for our team, positions that travel for business reasons or come into physical contact with third parties are required to be fully vaccinated or obtain an exemption approval for accommodation. An exemption approval may be granted so long as it does not create an undue hardship on the Company and/or does not pose a direct threat to the health or safety of others in the workplace and/or to the employee.
Our talent acquisition team is available to answer any questions you may have.