Art Director, Consumables
New York, NY, Columbus, OH, Remote
WHO ARE WE?
The Graphic and Packaging Design team is responsible for all things print. From the actual Barkbox, to treat packaging, to toy graphics, to in store signage, we work on it all. We are highly collaborative within the team as well as cross functionally and work on multiple brands and business lines.
We’re a diverse group of creatives coming from all sorts of backgrounds. We pride ourselves on being funny and innovative in order for us to create magical experiences for dogs and their people. We don’t take ourselves too seriously, and love finding inspiration in unexpected places.
WHO WE’RE LOOKING FOR
A packaging design loving, dog-obsessed, super talented Graphic Designer who is excited to work on developing and elevating all things edible on the CPG and print side. Must thrive in a go-getting, fast-paced, multiple project juggling environment and be excited about working as part of a team to put the best product out there.
- Conceptualize, design, and execute packaging for all things consumables – treats, food, toppers, dental, you name it – across all channels.
- Deliver strategically informed design solutions.
- Quickly concept and generate ideas for presentations as well as team meetings/reviews.
- Partner with vendors throughout the manufacturing process.
- Work cross-functionally with Product Development, Merchandising, Marketing, and Project Management.
- Juggle multiple projects and deadlines, prioritizing as needed.
- Strategize new and exciting ideas to elevate and expand and grow the brands.
- Manage other designers in art direction and workflow/process to get the best designs while also guiding them to grow their abilities and careers
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS
- 8-10 years design experience. We’re looking for the right fit, not the right amount of years.
- BS/BA in graphic design or related field.
- Excellent knowledge of packaging design – including production, manufacturing processes, file formats and best practices.
- Experience designing for food (dog or human!) strongly preferred.
- Strong portfolio that showcases a love of CPG, illustration and layout.
- Proficiency in Creative Suite, AI, PS and ID specifically.
- You like being part of a team and are happy and willing to work in a collaborative environment.
- Strong time management and communication skills, with excellent attention to detail.
- Be motivated, self-sufficient and have an entrepreneurial spirit.
- Prior management experience preferred.
Here at BARK, we love dogs and their people. We’re looking to make all dogs happy throughout the entire world (we’re not kidding). Think Disney for dogs — we make magic for dogs and their people through our products, events, and experiences.
Our ambition level is high, the opportunity is huge, and our love for dogs is through the roof! We launched in 2011 with BarkBox, a monthly-themed subscription of all-natural treats and clever toys. Since then, we’ve shipped more than 70 million toys and treats to the dogs across the world and use all of that direct customer feedback to inform new initiatives and ways to make magic between dogs and their people. We’ve since expanded into other offerings as well, as we aim to become THE Dog Company for every family with a four-legged, belly-scratch-loving, interspecies family member.
This position is a full-time, salaried position. It is located on-site at our office in Manhattan, New York or Columbus, Ohio; or remote. We offer health insurance for both you and your pup, 401k, and a dog to pet anytime you wish.