Fully Remote PETA
PETA’s youth program is seeking a dedicated and friendly activist to provide students with support on all topics animal rights! Day to day work includes answering e-mails and social media messages from young people, helping students with animal-friendly projects, assisting with presentations on animal rights issues, sitting down for interviews, and more. Put your knowledge of animal rights to work directly reaching students with essential animal rights information!
Primary Responsibilities and Duties:
- Respond to e-mails that are sent to PETA’s youth department on a range of topics accurately and within 24 hours during the work week
- Handle student interview requestsincluding researching accurate answers and practicing as needed to make an impactful statement on issues facing animals
- Assist with Instagram and mobile correspondence (in the Waterfall platform) as needed
- Tweak and maintain PETA’s youth form letters
- Research topics, put together and present on topics in classrooms as requested
- Keep informed about developments related to PETA and the animal rights movement
- Represent PETA at events and demonstrations, as needed
- Perform any other tasks assigned by the supervisor
- At least two years’ experience in customer service, correspondence, or similar position representing an organization or company publically
- Significant activism experience, animal rights or otherwise
- Experience with public speaking
- Exceptional organizational, writing skills and attention to detail will help you keep everything on track, so rsums with grammar or other errors will be rejected. Sorry, but we can’t risk it.
- Familiarity with animal rights issues and PETA campaigns
- Ability to professionally advocate PETA’s positions on issues
- Proven proficiency with Microsoft Office or similar software
- Proven proficiency conducting Internet research
- Demonstrated ability to maintain strict confidentiality at all times
- Adherence to a healthy vegan lifestyle
- This position requires proof of the COVID-19 full vaccination and booster
- Commitment to the objectives of the organization
This position cannot be performed in Colorado.