Assistant Manager, Order Processing
Location: Remote, US
Requisition ID: 205330
At Wayfair, we care about the impact order processing errors and delays can have on the customer’s experience. Our Order Processing Team (OP) protects our customers’ experience and preserves our bottom line – all while collaborating in a fast-paced and gratifying environment. The OP Team works proactively within our Order Services Team, to ensure orders process without errors and handle requests from other internal teams to reduce delays in order processing. We are quick and continuous learners and extremely detail-oriented.
What you’ll do:
- Manage a team of up to 6 virtual specialists who are responsible for processing daily transactional work across several Order Processing related workflows.
- Assist in training specialists across workflows, focusing on improving individual decision-making/quality, problem-solving, and prioritization.
- Prioritize, communicate, and pivot workload based on dynamic business requirements
- Coach, mentor, and assist in developing staff and their professional development
- Support Wayfair culture by supporting team / company efforts that promote collaboration, productivity, learning, and inclusivity.
- Analyze KPIs with strong data skills
- Monitor, report and drive individual and team performance
- Participate in the interviewing and hiring processes
- Lead team meetings and hold regular check-ins with staff
- Write and administer performance reviews
- Help develop, implement, and execute strategic projects
- Suggest and implement changes to internal process to improve efficiency and effectiveness
- Build cross functional relationships to ensure best practices and successful execution of projects
- Report to upper management on team performance, development, and improvement areas
What you’ll need:
- 2 or 4-year college degree
- At least three years of people management experience
- Ability to multitask and shift priorities quickly and often
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal; comfortable with regular phone communication
- Strong and consistent attention to detail
- Problem solving mindset and an entrepreneurial spirit
- Self-reliant and able to motivate others
- Process-oriented with strong analytical skills
- Ability to think strategically and tactically within a dynamic, fast-paced organization
- Experience in an ecommerce organization
- Experience with direct customer interaction