Associate, Content Creator
Multiplying Good | Part time
- Industry Nonprofit Charitable Organizations
- Remote Job
This is a remote position.
ABOUT MULTIPLYING GOOD
At Multiplying Good (MG) we believe individuals are transformed through service to others. Applying service as a tool for personal growth, we help people discover their ability to bring about positive change, deliver the skills they need to make that change and, by validating their impact, inspire them to do more. We have proven that this continuum of activation, training, and recognition generates ripples of good.
We work with young people to increase confidence in their ability to make a difference and build on the skills they need to be successful. We work with organizations to recognize employees for their acts of service in the community, resulting in happier and more productive workplaces and stronger communities. We work with media to create more connected audiences and recognize grassroots unsung heroes in their communities. All together, we highlight the power of service to activate empathetic leaders and changemakers and inspire greater impact through recognition.
To build and grow the Multiplying Good brand, we are seeking a professional who is passionate and dedicated to the power of service and how it can transform the lives of others. This talented and creative individual will work closely with the VP of Marketing & Communications and other members of the Marketing & Communications department in their role as Associate, Content Creator.
Core to the success of this role is an ability to develop and deliver rich content in a variety of formats to increase audience engagement that incorporates the vision and values of Multiplying Good.
The Content Creator should possess strong project management skills and experience in brand fidelity and digital design to engage and strengthen delivery of Multiplying Good collateral, assets, and branded content both internally and externally. This role will also assist in social media community building, responding to questions and comments from followers in a timely and engaging way.
ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Create and/or source visually appealing and compelling designs, graphics, photos, collateral, and short videos for all of Multiplying Good’s digital platforms and organization needs
- Develop and write various copy for email communications, newsletters, and blog posts each month, based on the messaging needs of the content calendar
- Develop social media copy for the organization’s Instagram, Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, and potential future social platforms – with the goal of significantly growing our engagement and following
- Work with Leadership Communities, Development, Events, Alumni Outreach, and Program teams to create and/or source content for various key campaigns
- Assist with gathering and sourcing content for various upcoming marketing and communication needs
- Work with VP of Marketing and Communications to share stories and content gathered from the collection process and incorporate into the organization’s content calendar. Additionally, alert various team members when story is appropriate for development, alumni outreach, programs, leadership communities, social media, and more
- Ensure that all communications adhere to brand and communications standards and are written in a consistent Multiplying Good voice
- Engage in online conversation to increase Multiplying Good’s online presence and grow follower count organically. Cultivate and build relationships with current social media followers in increase engagement and visibility. Support online customer care efforts by responding to questions and comments on social media platforms.
- Support the mission and day-to-day work of what needs to move the organization forward. As a dedicated and hardworking group of individuals, the team is “all hands-on deck,” doing whatever is necessary to meet the goals.
REQUIRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution or equivalent combination of education, training, and experience
- 3+ years of experience in developing written and visual content across various mediums and channels
- Strong verbal and written communication skills; ability to adapt writing to target audience and brand voice as needed
- Knowledge in SEO and content optimization
- Strong attention to detail with a high level of creativity
- Highly organized and proficient at managing multiple projects simultaneously and the ability to understand, incorporate and communicate frequently changing information
- A natural collaborator who proactively engages colleagues and stakeholders with good will, transparency, and kindness
- Passion for service, volunteerism, and youth development
- Computer literate and aptitude to use Canva, Design Pickle, Adobe Suite (Illustrator, Photoshop, Premier Pro), Microsoft Teams and Office 365 (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Planner, SharePoint OneDrive), ZOHOONE (CRM, Campaigns, Marketing Automation, social media, and other web-based applications
COMMITMENT TO DIVERSITY, EQUITY, INCLUSION & BELONGING
Multiplying Good is committed to living its mission by building a culture of service, and applicants are therefore encouraged to actively demonstrate their commitment to and understanding of diversity, equity, and inclusion. At Multiplying Good, we get to spend our time surrounded by people who see service as part of who they are and we strive to ensure everyone interacts thoughtfully, with respect and with kindness. From our staff to our consultants, vendors, partners, and other stakeholders engaged in the work of Multiplying Good, our culture of service is not only core to what we do – it is core to who we are.