Associate Editor, Lists
Location: US National
Forbes believes in the power of entrepreneurial capitalism and uses it on various platforms to ignite the conversations that drive systemic change in business, culture and society. We celebrate success and are committed to using our megaphone to drive diversity, equity and inclusion.
Associate Editor, Lists
Forbes is looking for a talented Lists editor to focus exclusively on lists and rankings. For over 40 years, Forbes has set the gold standard for lists, including the Forbes 400 and 30 Under 30. Our lists are a tentpole of the Forbes brand and one of our marquee offerings. Our lists can transform the careers of the people and companies we write about — and the careers of the people who create them. Lists are a big deal, and this is an important gig.
You will be responsible for managing a portfolio of high-profile, highly trafficked lists from start to finish and will be accountable for all deliverables. Success in this role will be the ability to manage as many as six to eight projects at a time at varying stages of development. If you are a team player who is organized, laser-focused on meeting deadlines, and passionate about creating robust digital packages that spotlight the most important businesses, people and sectors, this is the right position for you.
Location: Must be based in the U.S. Otherwise, no preference.
- This editor will manage our external data partnerships and R&D for new lists and reputable partners that make sense. You must be comfortable creating and assessing methodologies and data sets and working with editorial and other departments across the company, including revenue and SEO, to continually refine and develop lists that have a service journalism component across many beats, including careers and financial services.
- The heart of the job is bringing these lists to life on the Forbes platform—including landers, profiles and articles, art, social media and video.
- This includes taking the lead in assigning and/or writing and line-editing engaging profiles and articles.
- Other tasks include managing a list calendar and meeting associated deadlines; fact-checking and quality control, including diversity and inclusion; and coordinating deliverables with production and art.
Qualifications & Skills
- At least 5 years of writing and editing in a digital newsroom, preferably some experience in list-making
- Ability to confidently take complicated or large quantities of data and turn them into a clean and compelling consumer storyline with a list and full editorial package on- and off-platform
- Familiarity with analytics and working with various quantitative and qualitative methodologies, including surveys, as well as standard business data sources
- Demonstrated ability in managing writers, both staff and freelance and maintaining an editorial calendar
- Readiness to work quickly on multiple projects with multiple stakeholders.
- Commitment to detail and deadlines with outstanding communication and organizational skill
Forbes aims to offer employees the flexibility they need in order to be successful. We offer a hybrid work schedule for our employees. Some roles may be remote (within the U.S.) if it aligns to the needs of the position. Any employee entering the Forbes office for business or social reasons will need to present proof of full vaccination, unless eligible for a medical or religious accommodation or other accommodation required under applicable law.