Associate Marketing Operations Manager
The GitLab DevOps platform empowers 100,000+ organizations to deliver software faster and more efficiently. We are one of the world’s largest all-remote companies with 1,600+ team members and values that guide a culture where people embrace the belief that everyone can contribute.
As an Associate Marketing Operations Manager at GitLab, you will support the optimization of tools and technology. You’ll enable effective marketing at GitLab while ensuring high data quality and helping colleagues access that data to enable smarter decisions. You will also assist in marketing analysis, planning and strategy. This role reports directly to the Manager of Marketing Operations.
What you’ll do in this role
- Manage day-to-day email operations. Emails involve surveys, legal announcements, security notifications, UX support emails, cost-saving campaigns, etc
- Own operational email communications from development, test, and launch campaigns across the lifecycle. Support strategy and work with stakeholders to improve
- Work alongside several cross-functional teams to regularly produce email sends and recommend which email platform is best for each email communication
- Track performance of operational emails/campaigns through measurement and analysis, providing regular reporting.
- Understand target audiences and draw insights from ongoing outreach. Regularly communicate insights to key stakeholders, and use data to make recommendations to improve program performance/processes.
- Act as the authority on email operations best practices and share expertise.
- Manage email operations calendar to prevent overcommunication to the database. Optimize email program templates for sends.
- Perform database maintenance/hygiene, segmentation, and drive structure for operational sends
We’re looking for
- Marketo or MailJet experience preferred. Eloqua, SendGrid, SFDC Marketing Cloud/Pardot we will consider
- HTML and basic CSS skills
- Knowledge and experience executing project management best practices
- Experience with Salesforce CRM software helpful
- Proficiency in MS Excel/ Google Sheets
- You are team-centric
- You’re a self-starter, willing to read and watch in order to learn. (Be ready to learn and how to use GitLab and Git)
- Detail-oriented and the ability to examine processes and make recommendations to improve workflow
Also, we know it’s tough, but please try to avoid the confidence gap. You don’t have to match all the listed requirements exactly to be considered for this role.
To find out more about the compensation for this role, please apply to a role first. Once selected for a screening call, you’ll be able to sign up here to view our compensation calculator. Be sure to use the same email address for both.
For Colorado residents: The base salary range for this role’s listed level is currently $53,800 – $97,900 for Colorado residents only. Grade level and salary ranges are determined through interviews and a review of education, experience, knowledge, skills, abilities of the applicant, equity with other team members, and alignment with market data. See more information on our benefits and equity. Sales roles are also eligible for incentive pay targeted at up to 100% of the offered base salary. Disclosure as required by the Colorado Equal Pay for Equal Work Act, C.R.S. 8-5-101 et seq.
Country Hiring Guidelines: GitLab hires new team members in countries around the world. All of our roles are remote, however some roles may carry specific location-based eligibility requirements. Our Talent Acquisition team can help answer any questions about location after starting the recruiting process.
GitLab is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. GitLab’s policies and practices relating to recruitment, employment, career development and advancement, promotion, and retirement are based solely on merit, regardless of race, color, religion, ancestry, sex (including pregnancy, lactation, sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender expression), national origin, age, citizenship, marital status, mental or physical disability, genetic information (including family medical history), discharge status from the military, protected veteran status (which includes disabled veterans, recently separated veterans, active duty wartime or campaign badge veterans, and Armed Forces service medal veterans), or any other basis protected by law. GitLab will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. See also GitLab’s EEO Policy and EEO is the Law. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know during the recruiting process.