Remote Experienced Back End Engineer – Ruby
Join our global team of 450+ craftspeople! We are a consultancy that solves business problems by designing and building highly complex custom software for the world’s leading companies. We are on a mission to dismantle the traditional consulting ecosystem and replace it with an effective framework for innovation that transforms the way businesses think about and solve problems from the inside out.
WHO YOU ARE
As our Experienced Back End Engineer, you have deep knowledge of the Ruby language and you make it a habit of learning the mechanics behind the magic of any framework.
You are a passionate technologist with the discipline to create and finish projects. You have opinions about your favorite open source projects, or perhaps you have contributed to some or started one of your own. You are a communicator. Whether you are raising the flag within an implementation or sharing your favorite playlist in Slack, you will not shy away from letting your voice be heard.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
- Architect and build web applications using Ruby
- Be a leader-contributor on a team creating a distributed system that will change the way people shop and interact in a virtual and physical international retail environment
- Collaborate with product designers and clients to clarify requirements, prototype functionality and build products
- Plan, estimate and prioritize work in a remote, distributed team environment
- Guide our clients in best practices in order to achieve great project success
QUALIFICATION AND SKILLS
- 5 + years of software development experience
- Current strong production experience utilizing Ruby in both Rails and Non-Rails environments is required
- Previous remote work experience is required
- Previous experience collaborating on highly distributed teams is required
- Previous experience in a consultative environment is required
- Experience working within an Agile/Scrum environment is required
- Experience in front end development with React is a plus
- Experience in strongly typed languages, like Swift, TypeScript, or similar is a strong plus
- Due to team and client collaboration requirements, the successful candidate will be located between GMT-3 and GMT-8.
YOU WILL BE SUCCESSFUL WHEN
- You are able to hit the ground running within your area of expertise and are not afraid of challenges outside of it
- Thrive on collaborating with other team members and across disciplines
- You are happy to receive feedback and see it as an opportunity for reflection and improvement
- You are always learning – Whether you are learning to help your team and customer work through new concepts and technology
- You are astute, you know when to push an issue and when to let things lie
- You are friendly – you reach out to your teammates even if they aren t on your project team
- You can work through ambiguity – you aren t shy about asking questions to gain clarity
- Entrepreneurial and intrapreneurial – always on the lookout for new opportunities to improve the company externally and internally
Unsure if your skills meet all of our requirements?
Benefits and Perks
100% REMOTE – We’re fully distributed
TEAM RETREATS – We value our face to face interaction, so our team enjoys regular retreats (on pause due to Covid-but will kick back off when safe and compliant)
EDUCATION AND CAREER GROWTH – We encourage our team to undertake any professional growth opportunities available, and we offer programs and financial assistance to achieve this!
HEALTHY BODY, HEALTHY MIND – HAPPY TEAM – We offer paid vacation and support healthy lifestyles through our physical fitness benefits program.
COMPANYWIDE VISIBILITY – We operate in a fully transparent environment to ensure we as a company and team have full understanding of where we came from, and where we are going.
HEALTHCARE & FINANCE – For US, UK, Canada, Spain, Uruguay, Costa Rica, Argentina, and Brazil based full time employees; we have comprehensive benefits.