Title: Backend Software Engineer – Product Engineering
Location: Remote – USA
About Abnormal Security
Users and companies are constantly under attack but Abnormal Security’s team and patented ML-first approach is redefining cloud security for the next generation. Our incredible team needs your help to keep ahead of the evolving threats facing the world. We tackle critical challenges using novel approaches and techniques across multiple ML disciplines.
Our solutions help our customers protect their customers; as well as preventing direct losses and saving internal security teams’ time/headache. Our unique insights into: a user’s behaviors, their communication content, plus countless other real-time signals; help us detect, and mitigate, complex & adversarial attacks. We’re able to deliver these accurate and real-time capabilities with exceptional user experience and best-in-industry customer support. Our customers regularly refer new customers (and sometimes even join our team!), a sentiment echoed by exceptional customer reviews.
We’ve built a world class team that combines engineering excellences, serially-successful leaders, and security-industry veterans to build one of the most exciting companies in the industry. Come see what makes us so Abnormal!
Team & Work Summary
As part of the Product Engineering team, you’ll play a key role in shaping the next generation email security product experience.
Working in a small, cross-functional engineering team, you will work closely with our customers, product, engineering, data science and design team to collaborate, influence, and impact products that our customers use every single day. You will have the opportunity to tackle product challenges across all spectrums, from spearheading new product verticals, developing and iterating end-to-end features, to being engineering’s direct liaison and solutions expert to our customers. Our customers will rely upon the products you create to protect their organizations from the latest and most sophisticated cyber attacks.As a full stack engineer on this team you’ll find yourself having a tangible influence on core pillars of our company strategy. This work is truly end to end, with opportunity for ownership from Ideation through Launch!
We’re hiring experienced engineers [all levels] for needs across multiple Product Engineering teams.
Email Security is building the world’s best email security products that improve Security Analysts’ productivity and delight customers. This is our foundational product and key to Abnormal’s success. 90% of cyber attacks start with an email – work on a fundamental problem in cybersecurity to change the game in what email security can do.
- Product Platform: As part of the Product Platform team, you’ll play a key role in shaping the next generation email security product experience. Working in a small, cross-functional team, you will work closely with our product, engineering, and design teams to develop APIs and data-rich user interfaces, and shape how we approach UI development. Our customers will rely upon the products you create to protect their organizations from the latest and most sophisticated cyber attacks.
Who you are:
- A strong Product-driven mindset – capable of balancing form and function
- A full stack engineer who has worked at scale and enjoys building products from the ground up
- An excellent communicator that collaborates and partners effectively with engineers, Designers, and Product Managers to deliver high quality product features
- Ability to work independently, in a remote setting and across multiple time-zones with a global team. You have a bias for moving quickly, taking and giving feedback honestly, and iterating often
- You’re detail-driven and care about code quality, testing, performance and customer-driven product experience
- You care about driving adoption of engineering best practices for the team
What you’ll do:
- Work with engineers, EM’s, designers, and PM’s to deliver on the product roadmap and meet company-wide objectives.
- Own the technical design and execution of the product to delight customers and meet objectives, providing feedback and insight to inform improved delivery of projects, OKRs, and tech roadmaps
- Optimize our internal processes with automation such that we can service customers with little to no human intervention
- Improve and scale core product offerings, platforms and frameworks
- Improve performance and user experience of our existing interfaces
- Support delivering a world class prospect/customer user experience
Experience you’ll need:
- A Bachelor’s or Master’s in Computer Science (or equivalent work experience)
- 3+ years of professional production experience in full stack web development
Some of the backgrounds/expertise of other successful full stack engineers for Product Engineering:
- Some experience working with languages such as Go and frameworks like Flask, Express
- Experience providing timely support for customers on an on-call rotation basis (not required for all roles)
- Experience in large-scale solutions or environments with complex integrations, latency requirements, or throughput challenges.
- Experience taking an idea to a finished product
- Experience developing and shipping frontend features on web applications and building internal tools.
- Experience in writing up with tech designs
- Experienced building API endpoints and understand standardization and best practices
- Experience building and maintaining data-rich user interfaces.
We’re on a serious mission to protect the internet and we’re adamant that building a great team will help us build a great product AND a great company! In addition to ensuring our compensation packages and benefits remain compelling to the caliber of talent we hire – we also seek to provide both clear career and personal growth opportunities. We’ve built a diverse and inclusive team that values the contributions and voice of all team members. Let’s chat about our team and opportunities – we’d love to show you just how GREAT being Abnormal can be!