Title: Benefit Operations Specialist
Location: Denver, CO; Remote
We are looking for experienced operations specialists to join our Benefit Operations team! As a core member of the team, you’ll be responsible for setting up customers with their health benefits while providing a delightful experience.
Gusto is a modern, online people platform that helps small businesses take care of their teams. On top of full-service payroll, Gusto offers health insurance, 401(k)s, expert HR, and team management tools. Today, Gusto offices in Denver, San Francisco, and New York serve more than 200,000 businesses nationwide.
The Benefit Operations team is passionate about using innovative technology and service to elevate the health benefits experience of small business owners and their employees. Each team member is a true owner and makes a tremendous impact every day. In this role, you’ll put customer minds at ease by guiding them through a complex process, providing timely information, and keeping all the moving parts running smoothly.
Here’s what you’ll do day-to-day:
- Manage benefit operations across multiple teams within the organization
- Expertly process large volumes of data for mission critical projects
- Ensure all quality control steps are accurately followed in a timely manner
- Work through queues of requests in Salesforce and other technology platforms
- Help to scale our growing health benefits operations and improve our processes – find pain points and seek better ways for us to tackle our work
- Collaborate with team members on special projects to increase efficiency
- Understand customer pain points and partner with cross-functional teams to simplify and automate existing processes
- Provide expertise in healthcare and benefits enrollment via written and verbal communication with Gusto Customers
Here’s what we’re looking for:
- 1+ years of experience in operations, data-entry, or a related field
- Experience with Google Workspace (Gmail, Docs, & Sheets)
- Familiar with data entry and external company contact interaction
- Skilled in problem solving, dealing with ambiguity, cross-team communication, and a passion for operations to ultimately improve people’s lives
- Excel in a metrics-based operational position where numbers matter and data drives new projects and ideas
- Self-motivated and comfortable working collaboratively and autonomously: you are excited about striving toward team and individual metrics
- Passionate about developing efficient processes and driving results
- Strong project management skills and attention to detail
- Ability to work throughout seasonal peaks
- Healthcare, health insurance, or employee benefits experience
- Experience with Salesforce
- Experience with Apple Products
At Gusto, we strive to provide rewards that empower employees to achieve their financial and personal goals. We offer competitive compensation packages with a strong emphasis on equity based compensation (ownership in Gusto). To learn more about Gusto’s compensation philosophy and benefits offerings please view our Total Rewards Approach page.
Our cash compensation amount for this role is targeted at $19.24/hr in Denver & most remote locations. Final offer amounts are determined by multiple factors, including candidate experience and expertise, and may vary from the amount listed above.
Our customers come from all walks of life and so do we. We hire great people from a wide variety of backgrounds, not just because it’s the right thing to do, but because it makes our company stronger. If you share our values and our enthusiasm for small businesses, you will find a home at Gusto.