Title: Benefits Generalist – Remote
Location: Virtual, in the U.S.
Pearl Interactive Network is seeking to hire a Benefits Generalist Remote.
The Benefits Generalist will provide benefit, leave management and human resources administrative functions under the direction of the Sr. Human Resources Manager. The Benefits Generalist also provides assistance with and facilitates the benefits, leave accommodation and resource processes for all business functions and contracts. Under supervision, the Benefits Generalist performs work of moderate difficulty in all aspects of human resources and related work as assigned. The Benefits Generalist ensures certain plans are administered in accordance with federal and state regulations and that plan provisions are followed. This role provides administrative support to the human resource function as needed, including record-keeping, file maintenance and HRIS entry.
Why choose Pearl Interactive Network?
Join Our Team and embrace the winning Pearl Culture which promotes our employee’s desires and efforts to serve our consumers, clients, and community. Our values of customer satisfaction, teamwork, a family atmosphere, quality services, respect for each other, transparency, and innovation are what make Pearl, the employer of choice. As a woman-owned, HUBZone certified social enterprise, Pearl offers hiring priority to our Veterans, Military Spouses, and their families, as well as individuals with disabilities.
Pearl offers a Competitive Compensation and Benefits package to include:
- Rate: $45K – $48K (DOE)
- Medical, Dental, Vision, and Life Insurance
- Paid time off, Paid holidays
- 401K eligibility
- Additional ancillary benefits to support your lifestyle professionally, physically, and financially through our professional development and coaching program.
Operating Hours: 8 am – 5 pm EST, Monday – Friday
- Broadband internet connection with a minimum upload speed of 20 Mbps and download speed of 5 Mbps. No Satellite Connections. Test your network at speedtest.net to verify before you apply.
- Ethernet cable access. Wi-Fi-only connectivity, prohibited.
- Private and secure workspace within your home. Away from noise and distractions.
- Computer equipment, monitor(s), and headset provided.
- Assists with administration of company benefit programs including employee inquiries, enrollment and change administration, claims assistance, billing and issue resolution.
- Handles the FMLA leave administration process from the employee s initial notice of the need for leave to the return-to-work status.
- Communicates with employees regarding their needs for leave and/or modified work schedules. Ensures that employees are aware of their responsibilities and of any documentation and notice required to qualify for and to take leave.
- Maintains reasonable communication with employees on leave to facilitate smooth and timely return to work, relays communication between employees and their managers during leave within reason.
- Maintains complete and accurate records of leave and accommodation requests in accordance with specified legal requirements and documentation of best practices.
- Preserves confidentiality of employee medical documentation and files.
- Coordinate workers’ compensation claims with third-party administrator. Follow up on claims.
- Assists in maintaining HR compliance with state and federal regulations by generating and submitting required reports and forms such as, EEO reports, Veterans reports, Unemployment claims, OFCCP, Work Opportunity Tax Credit (WOTC) forms, and State Registrations.
- Prepares and maintains various internal leave, benefit and human resources reports, documents, presentations, system records and compiles reports from the database as needed.
- Participates in administrative staff meetings and attends other meetings and seminars as assigned.
- Performs customer service functions by answering employee requests and questions.
- Assists or prepares correspondence as requested by Sr. Human Resources Generalist.
- Completes other projects as assigned to support the overall mission of the organization.
- Performs other related tasks as assigned.
- Associates degree in human resources/business or related field and/or equivalent experience preferred. High School Diploma required.
- Minimum of three (3) years of experience working in an Administrative Support capacity within Benefits, Leave Management, HR and/or Business is required, ideally in a human resources department.
- Intermediate to advanced skills in MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook).
- Experience with benefits administration/payroll/HRIS/ATS software.
- Must be able to work independently in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to handle confidential and sensitive information.
- Navigating multiple computer applications effortlessly is required.
- Knowledge and ability to search and browse INTERNET proficiently.
- Ability to quickly assess priorities and adjust as needed.
- Embrace our winning Pearl Culture which promotes our employees desires and efforts to serve our consumers, coworkers, clients and community by exhibiting our Pearl values of customer satisfaction, teamwork & family atmosphere, quality, respect, transparency and innovation.