Title: Benefits Manager
Location: San Francisco, United States
Airbnb is a mission-driven company dedicated to helping create a world where anyone can belong anywhere. It takes a unified team committed to our core values to achieve this goal. Airbnb’s various functions embody the company’s innovative spirit and our fast-moving team is committed to leading as a 21st century company.
This position is US – Remote Eligible. The role may include occasional work at an Airbnb office or attendance at offsites, as agreed to with your manager. Airbnb,Inc. can employ in states where we have registered entities. Currently, employees can not be located in: Alaska, Indiana, Nebraska, North Dakota, Ohio, South Dakota, Wisconsin, Alabama, Mississippi, Oklahoma, Delaware and Rhode Island. This list is continuously evolving and being updated, please check back with us if the state you live in is on the exclusion list. If your position is employed by another Airbnb entity, your recruiter will inform you what states you are eligible to work from.
Canada, LatAm, and Global Insurance Benefits Program Manager
Founded in August of 2008, Airbnb is a trusted community marketplace for people to list, discover, and book unique travel experiences around the world. Whether an apartment for a night, a castle for a week, or a villa for a month, Airbnb allows people to Belong Anywhere through unique travel experiences at any price point, in more than 34,000 cities and over 190 countries. We promote a culture of curiosity, humanity, and creativity through our product, brand, and, most importantly, our people.
The Benefits Program Manager is part of our Employee Experience team, tasked with some of the company’s most important goals: supporting employees, as well as preserving and driving Airbnb’s amazing culture. We work hard, but every day we get to work with amazing people and help create the best community in the world.
We are looking for a Benefits Program Manager that will be part of our Total Rewards team.
A successful candidate is someone who thrives in a fast-paced and challenging environment and has a passion for creating meaningful experiences. We are looking for someone that works well in teams and cross functionally, exercises critical thinking and judgment, and has a desire to improve existing processes as well as growing brand new ones to drive our mission and goals.
- Benefits Program Management
- Canada health and welfare benefits and Registered Retirement Savings Plan (RRSP)
- Argentina, Brazil, and Mexico health and welfare benefits
- Expatriate insurance, travel health insurance, business travel insurance, multinational pooling
- Employee Travel Credit program
- Partner with talent partners and country managers to optimize employee experience
- Assist with internal communication of benefits
- Assist with finance related projects like purchase order creation and invoice tracking
- Special projects with benefit impact such as mergers and acquisitions, and organizational changes
- Ensures benefit programs are competitive, compliant, and communicated effectively to employees
- Manages vendors and benefits brokers to ensure best in class service
- Conducts competitive analysis of benefits programs, benefit renewals, RFPs, and new benefit implementations
- Recommends improvements in benefit design, administration and efficiency based on data driven analysis and outcomes
- Benefits Administration
- Resolves escalated employee benefits inquiries via email or our ticketing system Jira
- Oversees the development and improvement of workflows, business processes, and performs testing of Workday and other data systems to support vendor changes, benefit program changes, and employee enrollment
- Reviews and audits benefit bills for accuracy and to ensure timely payment. Corresponds with vendors and internal accounts payable and finance team to resolve discrepancies
- Data Analysis
- Data collection and analysis, including surveys and benchmarking
- Creating and evaluating Workday reports and other third party data
- 8+ years of benefits experience, either in benefits consulting or managing benefit programs (benefits renewals, benefits benchmarking, benefits implementation and change management, vendor and broker management). Experience managing Canada and Latin America benefits is a plus.
- Strong communication and relationship building skills to effectively support and connect with a globally diverse workforce
- Able to collaborate effectively with cross functional teams
- Working knowledge of HRIS workflow, report development, and support tools. Experience with Workday and Jira is a plus.
- Proficient with Excel and knowledge of Google Applications (Gmail, Google Docs, Calendar, etc.)
- Self-directed but also great at collaborating with employees at all levels and with many different teams
- Approachable with a problem-solving attitude
- Not afraid to roll up their sleeves and get involved in all aspects of the role – no job too big or too small
- Comfortable working in fast paced environments with shifting priorities
- Ability to maintain the highest level of confidentiality and apply excellent judgment
Airbnb is committed to working with the best and brightest people from the broadest talent pool possible. We believe a diversity of ideas fosters innovation and engagement, and allows us to attract the best people, and to develop the best products, services and solutions. Qualified individuals from all walks of life are encouraged to apply.
Our job titles may span more than one career level. The starting base pay for this role is between 150,000 and 190,000. The actual base pay is dependent upon many factors, such as: training, transferable skills, work experience, business needs and market demands. The base pay range is subject to change and may be modified in the future. This role may also be eligible for bonus, equity, benefits, and Employee Travel Credits.