Benefits Specialist I (Remote in USA)
UNITED STATES – TEXAS
HUMAN RESOURCES – RACKER PERFORMANCE & REWARDS
FULL – TIME
Job Profile Summary
Works as a team member to conducts moderately complex analyses of benefits programs in order to evaluate external competitiveness and legal compliance of the organization’s benefit practices. Researches benefit plans and providers and makes recommendations as necessary. Assists in developing benefit programs and may assist in the administration of programs. Reviews benefit costs to ensure compliance with company budget.
- Carries out basic analysis assignments involving the development, installation, and administration of benefit programs.
- Assists in developing cost control procedures to assure maximum coverage at a minimum cost to organization and employee.
- Researches appropriate retirement plan offering including, Defined Contribution (IRA, 401k), Defined Benefit (Profit-Sharing, ESOP), or hybrid plans (Cash Balance, Pension Equity).
- Coordinates in analyzing new and emerging benefits to meet the needs of a changing workforce, such as parental leave, child and elder care, long-term nursing home care insurance, employee assistance, wellness programs, or flexible benefits plans.
- Produces annual benefit summaries for employees. Researches benefit plans and providers and makes recommendations as necessary.
- May coordinates with retirement and medical/dental insurance vendors.
- Assist in compiling periodic and special reports on benefits matters for senior HR management.
- Facilitates with auditing effectiveness of benefit programs on a regular basis.
- Protects interests of employees in accordance with organization’s policies and applicable pay laws and regulations.
- Remains current on all personnel policies, programs, and practices.
- Basic understanding of new and pending laws and regulations.
- Basic knowledge of HR/personnel practices and principles, as well as labor and pay laws and regulations.
- Able to handle high level of confidentiality regarding employee information.
- Intermediate planning, time management, communication, decision-making, presentation, organizational, and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to communicate technical information and ideas so others will understand.
- Ability to successfully work and promote inclusiveness in small groups.
- Ability to provide FANATICAL support.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in Business, Liberal Arts (Psychology, Sociology, etc), Industrial Relations, or Organizational Development
- Certified Employee Benefits Specialist (CEBS) or Certified Benefit Professional (CBP) designation is preferred
- Usually requires 2-5 years of HR and benefits experience
The following information is required by theColorado Equal Pay Transparency Act and applies only to individuals working in the state of Colorado. The anticipated starting pay range of Colorado applicants for this role is $20.43/hr – $26.49/hr. Actual compensation is influenced by a wide array of factors including but not limited to skill set, level of experience, licenses and certifications, and specific work location. Information on benefits offered is here.
About Rackspace Technology
We are the multicloud solutions experts. We combine our expertise with the world’s leading technologies — across applications, data and security — to deliver end-to-end solutions. We have a proven record of advising customers based on their business challenges, designing solutions that scale, building and managing those solutions, and optimizing returns into the future. Named a best place to work, year after year according to Fortune, Forbes and Glassdoor, we attract and develop world-class talent. Join us on our mission to embrace technology, empower customers and deliver the future.
More on Rackspace Technology
Though we’re all different, Rackers thrive through our connection to a central goal: to be a valued member of a winning team on an inspiring mission. We bring our whole selves to work every day. And we embrace the notion that unique perspectives fuel innovation and enable us to best serve our customers and communities around the globe. We welcome you to apply today and want you to know that we are committed to offering equal employment opportunity without regard to age, color, disability, gender reassignment or identity or expression, genetic information, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity status, military or veteran status, nationality, ethnic or national origin, race, religion or belief, sexual orientation, or any legally protected characteristic. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.