Bilingual Spanish Video Teacher – Host for English Learning App
Are you fully bilingual in English and Spanish?
Are you friendly and engaging on camera?
Do you really enjoy working remotely?
This job might be for you if you:
- like working collaboratively and are open to new ideas
- like being able to set your own hours and work from home
- like having a dependable, reliable stream of work
- like getting your hands dirty and wearing many hats
- are comfortable with a fast-changing environment.
You should NOT take this job if you:
- dislike collaborating with others
- dislike being on camera
- are not comfortable in a fast-changing environment
FluentU is an online education company that helps people learn languages with real-world videos, including movie trailers, music videos, news and inspiring talks. We have a popular website, iOS app, and Android app.
Founded in 2011, we’re a profitable, stable company with long-term focus, and we’re proudly self-funded. We get 4 million+ visitors per month on our blogs, and we’re leveraging that to launch a new app that engages users in an immersive, first-person language learning experience. It will be made by a team of language experts, developers, designers, marketers and video creators (this is where you come in).
Here’s the type of video that we’d be asking you to create (the particular example is for English speakers learning Spanish. You would make a video in Spanish for Spanish-speaking people learning English): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ISP1tM-nMMk&t=11s
We’re planning to cover a broad range of English levels, starting with complete beginners all the way to more advanced learners.
This is a unique opportunity to have a big impact on the new app, which is in the early stages.
As one of our bilingual teacher/hosts, you would get scripts created by our English education expert (if you yourself have teaching experience, then we would likely ask you to also write the scripts and curriculum as well).
Based on those scripts, you would be responsible for:
- Translating the scripts so that they’re accessible for Spanish-speaking people
- Recording the video in your own home with your own equipment (a relatively recent smartphone would do. Our video editor would provide pointers on making it look more engaging. Recording equipment will not be provided by us.)
- Collaborating with our marketing team to create video content for marketing channels like YouTube and Tiktok
Additionally, because this new app has a relatively small team (at least for now), we might ask you to help out with some miscellaneous things like:
- translating content for the marketing site
- responding to customer inquiries in the translated language
- helping translate user feedback for the product team
You would also work closely with the founder of FluentU.
HOW WE WORK
We’re a 100% distributed/remote team. Here’s a little bit more about how we work:
- Almost all of our communication is text-based (mostly via ClickUp) and we value clear communication.
- Most things are not urgent. We take pride in having a calm work environment.
- We also have a flat collaborative environment.
- We make decisions based on logic/reason.
We believe in getting things done and continuous improvement.
Our ideal candidate:
- is a fast learner who is eager to learn new things.
- is humble and willing to get their hands dirty.
- understands that there are other considerations/tradeoffs that need to be taken into account, aside from pedagogy.
- is terrific at written communication.
- has experience working remotely.
- has English teaching experience (this would be a nice plus).
- is able to work a minimum of 20 hours per week (pay is hourly) on a consistent basis.
HOW TO APPLY
The only way you can apply is by filling out the form here: