Billing Account Representative – Virtual
Location(s): Remote, US, 0
Job Location: United States
Alternate Job Location: Not Applicable : Not Applicable
Work Arrangement: Virtual
Role Value Proposition:
Responsible for bill entry, payment application and refund check processing in support of National Accounts group customers.
- Receives and processes moderate to complex bills and payments.
- Inputs various forms of payments into the billing systems and ensures accurate application of premium in a timely manner.
- Reviews billing history and makes determination, within authorized limits and procedures, to credit , apply, suspend or refund premium. Contacts billing team to clarify issues on complex or referred cases and takes appropriate action based on research.
- Reconciles daily transactions and report discrepancies.
- Proactively monitors billing transmission and payment processes for assigned block in order to prevent billing issues and avoid escalations
Essential Business Experience and Technical Skills:
- Working knowledge of remittance processing and billing.
- High School Diploma and 2-4 years business experience.
- Detail oriented with basic math skills. Strong time management and organizational skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively and work in team environment.
- High school Diploma
- 2-4 years business experience
- Excel knowledge
- Payment Application Experience
At MetLife, we’re leading the global transformation of an industry we’ve long defined. United in purpose, diverse in perspective, we’re dedicated to making a difference in the lives of our customers.
MetLife, through its subsidiaries and affiliates, is one of the world’s leading financial services companies, providing insurance, annuities, employee benefits and asset management to help its individual and institutional customers navigate their changing world. Founded in 1868, MetLife has operations in more than 40 countries and holds leading market positions in the United States, Japan, Latin America, Asia, Europe and the Middle East.
We are one of the largest institutional investors in the U.S. with $642.4 billion of total assets under management as of March 31, 2021. We are ranked #46 on the Fortune 500 list for 2021. In 2020, we were named to the Dow Jones Sustainability Index (DJSI) for the fifth year in a row. DJSI is a global index to track the leading sustainability-driven companies. We are proud to have been named to Fortune magazine’s 2021 list of the World’s Most Admired Companies.
MetLife is committed to building a purpose-driven and inclusive culture that energizes our people. Our employees work every day to help build a more confident future for people around the world.
We want to make it simple for all interested and qualified candidates to apply for employment opportunities with MetLife. For further information about how to request a reasonable accommodation, please click on the Disability Accommodations link below.
MetLife is a proud Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer dedicated to attracting, retaining, and developing a diverse and inclusive workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment at MetLife without regards to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, national origin, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, genetic information, citizenship status, uniformed service member or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.