Title: Billing Operations Coordinator
Location: United States
Elastic is a free and open search company that powers enterprise search, observability, and security solutions built on one technology stack that can be deployed anywhere. From finding documents to monitoring infrastructure to hunting for threats, Elastic makes data usable in real-time and at scale. Thousands of organizations worldwide, including Barclays, Cisco, eBay, Fairfax, ING, Goldman Sachs, Microsoft, The Mayo Clinic, NASA, The New York Times, Wikipedia, and Verizon, use Elastic to power mission-critical systems. Founded in 2012, Elastic is a distributed company with Elasticians around the globe. Learn more at elastic.co.
What You Will Be Doing:
Review sales agreements and orders to ensure that relevant contractual terms are captured in the billing system.
- Verify that subscriptions are set-up properly so that resulting invoices are accurate and produce the correct accounting treatment
- Respond in a timely manner to billing inquiries from customers and internal constituents
- Daily case management.
- Invoice submission through various vendor portals
- Work across departments to research and resolve customer issues related to billings
- Prepare billing reports and other related supporting documentation
- Identify and recommend billing process improvements that increase efficiency, improve the accuracy of invoices, or strengthen controls
- Fulfill quarterly and annual audit requests
- Perform special projects as requested
What You Bring Along:
- Degree/ A Levels, preferably in Business Administration with an emphasis in Accounting or Finance
- 2+ years of experience in a billing role
- Hands-on experience with a top-tier CRM, billing, and/or ERP system
- Intermediate Excel skills (VLOOKUP, pivot tables)
- Basic Knowledge of Intra-community VAT
- Track record for meeting deadlines
- Ability to work across multiple systems and navigate quickly between them
- Skills for the accurately processing a high-volume of data
- Familiarity with revenue recognition and other generally accepted accounting principles
- Effective working both independently and within a team
- Skilled at problem-solving; able to discern alternatives, make objective recommendations, and collaborate with others to accomplish goals
- Ability to communicate and collaborate horizontally and vertically.
Hands-on experience with Salesforce and/or NetSuite
Bachelors’ degree, Business Administration with an emphasis in Accounting or Finance
Additional Information – We Take Care of Our People
As a distributed company, diversity drives our identity. Whether you’re looking to launch a new career or grow an existing one, Elastic is the type of company where you can balance great work with great life. Your age is only a number. It doesn’t matter if you’re just out of college or your children are; we need you for what you can do.
We strive to have parity of benefits across regions and while regulations differ from place to place, we believe taking care of our people is the right thing to do.
- Competitive pay based on the work you do here and not your previous salary
- Health coverage for you and your family in many locations
- Ability to craft your calendar with flexible locations and schedules for many roles
- Generous number of vacation days each year
- Double your charitable giving – We match up to $1500 (or local currency equivalent)
- Up to 40 hours each year to use toward volunteer projects you love
- Embracing parenthood with minimum of 16 weeks of parental leave
Different people approach problems differently. We need that. Elastic is committed to diversity as well as inclusion. We are an equal opportunity employer and committed to the principles of affirmative action. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law, ordinance or regulation. If you require any reasonable accessibility support, please complete our Candidate Accessibility Request Form.
Applicants have rights under Federal Employment Laws, view posters linked below: Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) Poster; Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Poster; and Employee Polygraph Protection Act (EPPA) Poster.
Please see here for our Privacy Statement.