Billing Phone Specialist
Location: Remote in US
Office location: REMOTE US
SCHEDULE: Mon – Fri, 8:30am-5pm PST
Invitae is dedicated to bringing comprehensive genetic information into mainstream medicine to improve healthcare for billions of people! Our team is driven to make a difference for the patients we serve. We are leading the transformation of the genetics industry, by making clinical-grade genetic information affordable and accessible to guide health decisions across all stages of life.
This individual will be on the front-lines responding to a variety of clinician and patient billing related inquiries. The individual will be expected to work cross-functionally across many departments (sales, operations, billing, and lab teams) to serve our patient and client needs.
What you’ll do:
- Be well-versed in all Invitae processes and policies to respond clearly to high volume billing inquiries
- Maintain appropriate response time in various communication platforms (Example: phone calls, chats, emails, portal inquiries, etc)
- Identify issues and suggest potential improvements
- Collaborate with your team and to develop best practices to ensure we are providing the best service and experience to all customers
- Maintain an assigned schedule, and be flexible with daily schedules when business needs change.
- Effectively communicate, resolve, and document billing related inquiries
- Participate in projects that extend beyond your day to day to stretch you to think outside the box
What you bring:
- Exceptional attention to detail and organizational abilities
- Outstanding customer service/phone communication skills and ability to complete a high volume of calls
- Have high energy, be a self-starter, great teammate and ready to roll up your sleeves to get things done.
- Possess a strong work ethic and commitment to improving patients’ lives while being flexible and adaptable with a drive to go above and beyond
- Enjoys problem-solving in a dynamic, fast paced, team-based and rapidly changing environment
- Bachelor’s degree
- 1+ year experience working in a client-facing role in a work setting that is heavily customer focused or 2+ years of work experience post college
- Experience using Google Apps, Mac OS X, and CRM applications (i.e. Salesforce)
- Bilingual a plus
Please apply even if you don’t meet all of the What you bring requirements noted. It’s rare that someone checks every single item, it’s ok, we encourage you to apply anyways.
At Invitae, we value diversity and provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.