Title: Billing – Phone Specialist
Location: Remote in US
Billing Phone Specialist
Office location: Remote, Irvine, CA
SCHEDULE (if applicable): Mon – Fri, traditional EST or PST hours (5am PST – 5pm PST)
Invitae is dedicated to bringing comprehensive genetic information into mainstream medicine to improve healthcare for billions of people! Our team is driven to make a difference for the patients we serve. We are leading the transformation of the genetics industry, by making clinical-grade genetic information affordable and accessible to guide health decisions across all stages of life.
This individual will be on the front-lines responding to a variety of clinician and patient billing related inquiries. The individual will be expected to work cross-functionally across many departments (sales, operations, billing, and lab teams) to serve our patient and client needs.
What you’ll do:
- Be well-versed in all Invitae processes and policies to respond clearly to high volume billing inquiries
- Maintain appropriate response time in various communication platforms (Example: phone calls, chats, emails, portal inquiries, etc)
- Collaborate with your team and to develop best practices to ensure we are providing the best service and experience to all customers
- Effectively communicate, resolve, and document billing related inquiries
- Participate in projects that extend beyond your day to day to stretch you to think outside the box
- Bachelor’s degree in preferred industry of laboratory, healthcare, biotech, and/or life sciences
- 1 years minimum of experience working in a client-facing role in a work setting that is heavily customer focused or 2+ years of work experience post college
- Outstanding customer service/phone communication skills and ability to complete a high volume of calls
- Experience using Google Apps, Mac OS X, and CRM applications (i.e. Salesforce)
- Bilingual a plus
Please apply even if you don’t meet all of the What you bring requirements noted. It’s rare that someone checks every single item, it’s ok, we encourage you to apply anyways.
At Invitae, we value diversity and provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We truly believe a diverse workplace is crucial to our company’s success and to better serve our diverse patients. Your input is especially valuable. We’d greatly appreciate it if you can take a quick moment to make your selection(s) below. Submissions will be anonymous.