Title: Billing Representative – Remittance Application (Cash Posting – Data Entry) – Remote
Location: United States
Job Category: Customer Service and Claims
Job Type: Full-time
Travel Percentage: -1
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
Healthcare isn’t just changing. It’s growing more complex every day. ICD – 10 Coding replaces ICD – 9. Affordable Care adds new challenges and financial constraints. Where does it all lead? Hospitals and Healthcare organizations continue to adapt, and we are vital part of their evolution. And that’s what fueled these exciting new opportunities.
Who are we? Optum360. We’re a dynamic new partnership formed by Quest and Optum to combine our unique expertise. As part of the growing family of UnitedHealth Group, we’ll leverage our compassion, our talent, our resources and experience to bring financial clarity and a full suite of Revenue Management services to Healthcare Providers, nationwide.
If you’re looking for a better place to use your passion, your ideas and your desire to drive change, this is the place to be. It’s an opportunity to do your life’s best work.
Are you looking for a chance to get your foot in the door with a great company? You’ve found it here. Already one of the world’s leading health care companies, Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, is restlessly pursuing new ways to operate our service centers, improve our service levels and help people lead healthier lives. Here, you’re not just working. You’re making great things happen for the people who rely on us for health care across the United States. You’re part of an elite team that’s equipped with the best tools and resources, the most thorough training and learning opportunities and a mission that can inspire you every day.
This position is full-time (40 hours/week) Monday Friday. Employees are required to have flexibility to work any of our 8-hour shift schedules during our normal business hours of 7:00am 6:00pm EST.
As a Billing Representative supporting the Remittance Application process, you will utilize various methods to reconcile Accounts Receivable for the purpose of collecting and/or posting revenue for the organization. You will work to reconcile and problem solve issues related to patient, client and/or third party insurance bills.
You will leverage your skills and have the ability to:
- Demonstrate basic math skills using computer keyboard and calculators
- Multi-task and work independently and as part of a team.
- Demonstrate excellent communication, organization and problem solving
- Adapt to change in a fast-paced environment
- Join a cross functional focused team with many opportunities for cross-training and skill/career development
If selected for this position, it is required that you successfully complete the UnitedHealth Group new hire training and demonstrate proficiency to continue in the role.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
- Analyzes and applies payments and denials to third party carriers in all media types.
- Complies with departmental Business Rules and Standard Operating Procedures.
- Applies third party, client and patient payments and denials to accounts both manually and electronically.
- Interprets explanation of benefits for appropriate follow up action.
- Completes and tracks refunds/adjustments to customer’s accounts, while providing necessary back-up information.
- Contacts/coordinates with IT or third-party carriers on file issues.
- Releases electronic files and resolves error reports.
- Completes timely carrier recoupment requests.
- Resolves and researches misdirected cash issues.
- Conducts data entry and remittance posting and reconciliation activities.
- Meets the performance goals established for the position in the areas of efficiency, accuracy, quality, patient and client satisfaction and attendance.
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- High School Diploma / GED (or higher)
- Demonstrated ability using computer and Windows PC applications, such as Outlook, Excel, instant message, video conferencing.
- Some College level classes/coursework
- Previous work experience in a customer service environment within the Healthcare / Insurance billing industry
- Medical terminology acumen and experience.
- Ability to resolve calls, avoiding escalated complaints.
- Ability to exhibit empathy and be courteous to callers.
- Ability to triage and handle escalated situations.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to adapt to changes.
- Ability to develop and maintain client relationships.
- Ability to coach, mentor and train a team.
- Strong keyboard and navigation skills and ability to learn new computer programs
- Previous work experience in a fast-paced environment requiring strong multi-tasking skills
- Required to have a dedicated work area established that is separated from other living areas and provides information privacy
- Ability to keep all company sensitive documents secure (if applicable)
- Must live in a location that can receive a UnitedHealth Group approved high-speed internet connection or leverage an existing high-speed internet service
UnitedHealth Group requires all new hires and employees to report their COVID-19 vaccination status.
Colorado, Connecticut or Nevada Residents Only:The salary range for Colorado residents is $16.00 – $26.88. The salary range for Connecticut / Nevada residents is $16.83 – $29.66. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.