Business Planning and Operations Analyst
Location: San Francisco, CA
At Lyft, our mission is to improve people’s lives with the world’s best transportation. To do this, we start with our own community by creating an open, inclusive, and diverse organization.
The Revenue Operations team is situated at the heart of Lyft’s business and acts as the glue for the organization, working with/across all cross-functional teams, Lines of Business and with our Executives to align and deliver on our business objectives. We are a dynamic, fast paced team which is responsible for Rideshare P&L management, tackling complex marketplace and operational challenges, understanding the interconnectedness of our business, shaping critical business decisions, developing detailed business plans, identifying strategic opportunities and executing actions/plans to achieve our company objectives.
Financial business planning is a mission driven organization – our mission is to enable Lyft to plan, prioritize, and execute as effectively as possible. We take a uniquely long-term view towards business problems while managing short term performance. It is critical that we operate with an independent and objective perspective and are comfortable representing our point of view to our partners and executive stakeholders. We serve as financial & strategic business owners to the rideshare organization’s goals. This role requires strategic thinking, a high degree of ownership, building connections and influencing stakeholders through effective communication, an analytical mindset, and extremely high bias for action. You will be challenged to understand and contribute to rapidly changing business models, drive collaboration across teams, execute strategic investment decisions, and present rideshare financial and business pacing to executives on an ongoing basis.
- Partner with Business planning, Finance, Data Science and other XFN teams to build rideshare’s quarterly planning targets.
- As part of owning and executing against quarterly targets, you will manage business and financial outcomes, lead the decision making process and communicate on progress frequently.
- Build a strong end-end understanding of the business. You don’t operate to targets without a point of view.
- Build analyses to drive better investment decisions.
- Lead change management associated with changes in business models.
- Develop strategic recommendations and partner with business partners on decision making with data-driven scenario planning.
- Create partnerships and own relationships with a range of product and business leaders, providing key insights into budget allocations.
- BA/BS in Finance, Economics, or equivalent
- 5+ years of management consulting, corporate strategy, finance-related experience
- Experience in financial planning, financial modeling, and creating data-driven analyses
- Experience managing multiple concurrent projects and drive initiatives in a cross-functional environment
- Experience communicating with a large cross-functional team and executives.
- Experience solving problems in a collaborative environment with all levels of management.
- Demonstrated experience thinking strategically about issues, leading to recommendations and action plans.
- Detail-oriented, and experience multitasking and prioritizing to deliver impact in a fast-paced environment.
- Self-starter & experience directing work in an unstructured environment.
- Comfortable working in SQL.
- Great medical, dental, and vision insurance options
- Mental health benefits
- Family building benefits
- In addition to 12 observed holidays, salaried team members have unlimited paid time off, hourly team members have 15 days paid time off
- 401(k) plan to help save for your future
- 18 weeks of paid parental leave. Biological, adoptive, and foster parents are all eligible
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Lyft Pink – Lyft team members get an exclusive opportunity to test new benefits of our Ridership Program