Position Title : Business Support Analyst (Finance-to-Manage (F2M), Business Transformation
Duty Station : Geneva, Switzerland
Classification : Professional Staff, Grade P2
Type of Appointment : Fixed term, one year with possibility of extension
Estimated Start Date : As soon as possible
Closing Date : 06 March 2022
Established in 1951, IOM is a Related Organization of the United Nations, and as the leading UN agency in the field of migration, works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
IOM is committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment. Read more about diversity and inclusion at IOM at www.iom.int/diversity.
Applications are welcome from first- and second-tier candidates, particularly qualified female candidates as well as applications from the non-represented member countries of IOM. For all IOM vacancies, applications from qualified and eligible first-tier candidates are considered before those of qualified and eligible second-tier candidates in the selection process.
For the purpose of this vacancy, the following are considered first-tier candidates:
- Internal candidates
- Candidates from the following non-represented member states:
Antigua and Barbuda; Aruba (Netherlands); Botswana; Cabo Verde; Comoros; Congo (the); Cook Islands; Cuba; Curaçao; Fiji; Guinea-Bissau; Guyana; Holy See; Iceland; Kingdom of Eswatini; Kiribati; Lao People’s Democratic Republic (the); Latvia; Libya; Luxembourg; Madagascar; Marshall Islands; Micronesia (Federated States of); Montenegro; Namibia; Nauru; Palau; Saint Kitts and Nevis; Saint Lucia; Saint Vincent and the Grenadines; Samoa; Sao Tome and Principe; Seychelles; Solomon Islands; Suriname; The Bahamas; Timor-Leste; Tonga; Tuvalu; Vanuatu
Second tier candidates include:
All external candidates, except candidates from non-represented member states.
IOM is undertaking an institutional review of key business processes under the Internal Governance Framework (IGF) initiative. The IGF outlines the essential requirements for a modern and fit-for-purpose internal governance system that maintains and facilitates key organizational strengths while simultaneously improving the quality of IOM’s overall functioning. Through the application of the IGF, IOM seeks to improve efficiency, effectiveness, agility, consistency, accountability and transparency across IOM, through, inter alia, streamlining processes, differentiating controls according to risk levels and employing digitization and automation where appropriate.
Driven by and under the ‘umbrella’ of the IGF, IOM is also in the process of undertaking a Business Transformation (the “BT”) which consists of digitizing and transforming key business processes as well as a replacement of IOM’s Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) solution and the implementation of related enterprise technologies.
Under the overall supervision of BT Business and Integration Manager and direct supervision of the F2M Stream Lead; and in close coordination with Functional area leadership, field staff, administrative centre staff, other BT streams, consultants and system integrator(s), and other BT project areas including data migration, testing, and training, the Business Support Analyst (F2M) will be an integral part of the BT team.
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
Working under the direction of the F2M Stream Lead (or delegated authority), coordinating with IOM field staff and BT extended team members and consultants/contractors, perform the tasks of this section within the scope of Stream Name Business Transformation tasks.
- Solution Strategy, Blueprinting and Realization. (a.) Support the development of expertise on the solution components and participate in the configuration and management of the solution. (b.) Align and maintain the collected business requirements with the selected solution and any decisions taken on solution strategy, including ongoing change control and management. (c.) Contribute to the process of translating business requirements into functional specifications, maintaining traceability throughout the development process including all solution documentation.
- Data Migration. Support the Stream Lead and Business Process Owner through analysis and other planning tasks to determine the scope of data to be archived or migrated to the new platform(s), including source data analysis and testing requirements for migrated data.
- Change Management. In this area, the Business Support Analyst will be working in collaboration with the Organizational Alignment (OA), Communications and Training teams to perform analysis and provide inputs to ensure that organizational aspects interdependent on the future solution are aligned, including: (a.) Identify changes in working practices due to the future solution and support impact analysis, liaising with the Change Management Team. (b.) Support the training team in developing plans, objectives, syllabi and collateral/materials for role-based training; and provide test support for the training materials. (c.) Support and in some cases perform training delivery (online, in-person, etc.) ranging from training delivery through the support of training delivery.
- Testing. (a.) Support the development of test objectives and specific test scenarios and scripts. (b.) Participate in the User Acceptance Tests (UAT) as both test support and as a tester.
- Cutover and Go-live Support. (a.) Work with the cutover team to identify business and related technical tasks that need to be performed as part of cutover and participate in the management of test runs and the actual cutover activities. (b.) Be an integral part of the “hypercare” support team that will be provided 2-3 months post core go-live.
- Stream-specific Responsibilities. The Finance-to-Manage (F2M) focuses on accounting, controlling, treasury, and all matters of financial reporting including statutory, managerial, multilateral, and donors. As the heart of the business transformation, it has cross-functional integrations to manage with all other process areas. The F2M Business Analyst supports the Stream Lead in developing and implementing these fully integrated enterprise solutions. (a.) Support the process through the analysis of existing Source Data and support its preparation for migration; (b.) Work as directed by the team to help develop test scenarios and scripts that trace back to F2M requirements; (c.) Other F2M-related BA activities as directed by the Stream Lead.
- Other Support. Perform such other duties as may be assigned
Required Qualifications and Experience:
• Master’s degree in Management, Information Technology, Computer Science, Engineering, or field directly related to the stream/scope of work from an accredited academic institution with two years of relevant professional experience; or
• University degree in the above fields with four years of relevant professional experience.
• At least four years (2 years for Masters holders) progressive technical and functional experience working on ERP systems;
• At least four years of work experience working with UN system entities – either in a similar business analyst role or as a leader within this functional area with demonstrated business analyst skills will be an advantage;
• Experience working with SAP technologies (IOM’s legacy ERP system) or modern cloud ERP
platforms a plus;
• First-hand experience with an ERP solution is required; comprehensive knowledge of multiple
ERP modules (HR, Finance, Procurement) is highly desirable.
• Expertise on the business process domain of this process area;
• Demonstrated data and business analysis capabilities, including expertise on using Microsoft
Excel for analysis;
• Demonstrated ability to liaise effectively with internal technical and business stakeholders;
• Ability to coordinate a team comprising internal resources, consultants and system integrators
IOM’s official languages are English, French, and Spanish.
External applicants for all positions in the Professional category are required to be proficient in English and have at least a working knowledge of one additional UN Language (French, Spanish, Arabic, Russian or Chinese).
For all applicants, fluency in English is required (oral and written). Working knowledge of another UN language in addition to English is an advantage.
Proficiency of language(s) required will be specifically evaluated during the selection process, which may include written and/or oral assessments.
Previous applicants do not need to re-apply.
1 Accredited Universities are the ones listed in the UNESCO World Higher Education Database
Values – all IOM staff members must abide by and demonstrate these three values:
• Inclusion and respect for diversity: respects and promotes individual and cultural differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible.
• Integrity and transparency: maintains high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
• Professionalism: demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
Core Competencies – behavioural indicators level 2
• Teamwork: develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results.
• Delivering results: produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner; is action oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
• Managing and sharing knowledge: continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge and innovate.
• Accountability: takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own action and delegated work.
• Communication: encourages and contributes to clear and open communication; explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring and motivational way.
IOM’s competency framework can be found at this link. https://www.iom.int/sites/default/files/about-iom/iom_revised_competency_framework_external.pdf
Competencies will be assessed during a competency-based interview.
Internationally recruited professional staff are required to be mobile.
Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
This selection process may be used to staff similar positions in various duty stations. Recommended candidates endorsed by the Appointments and Postings Board will remain eligible to be appointed in a similar position for a period of 24 months.
The list of NMS countries above includes all IOM Member States which are non-represented in the Professional Category of staff members.
Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment, accreditation, any residency or visa requirements, and security clearances. Subject to certain exemptions, vaccination against COVID-19 will in principle be required for individuals hired on or after 15 November 2021. This will be verified as part of the medical clearance process.
Vacancies close at 23:59 local time Geneva, Switzerland on the respective closing date. No late applications will be accepted.
How to apply
Interested candidates are invited to submit their applications via PRISM, IOM e-Recruitment system, by 06 March 2022 at the latest, referring to this advertisement.
IOM only accepts duly completed applications submitted through the IOM e-Recruitment system. The online tool also allows candidates to track the status of their application.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
For further information please refer to: www.iom.int/recruitment
From 14.02.2022 to 06.03.2022
IOM does not charge a fee at any stage of its recruitment process (application, interview, processing, training or other fee). IOM does not request any information related to bank accounts.
Requisition: VN 2021 312 Business Support Analyst (Finance-to-Manage (F2M)), Business
Transformation (P2) Geneva, Switzerland (57316363) Released
Posting: Posting NC57316364 (57316364) Released