Care Professional HR Associate
Location: US National – Remote
Honor exists to expand the world’s capacity to care.
We’re combining high tech with high-touch to deliver better home care for aging adults, better jobs for Care Professionals, and entirely new offerings to support the aging journey, at scale.
Founded in 2014, and now a Series E funded “Unicorn” valued at over $1B, Honor leads the world’s largest home care network with the most advanced care platform. Our August 2021 acquisition of Home Instead has created a global company that’s revolutionizing how society cares for older adults, their families, and Care Professionals.
The Honor Care Platform combines local care and the most advanced technology to bring the highest quality care to more aging adults.
Grow at Honor as part of a united team where everyone shows up authentically, shares ideas bravely, and solves complex problems!
About the Work:
We are looking for a driven and detail-oriented HR Associate. In this role you will work closely with our care operations and recruiting to ensure we are meeting and exceeding all guidelines and needs. We are looking for someone who is passionate about finding new and innovative ways to support our growing workforce. As an HR Associate here at Honor you will help with all aspects of supporting the Care Professional workforce including, but not limited to benefits administration, training, records keeping, payroll, operations, and help maintain compliance with government labor laws and regulations. We are looking to systematize a lot of our practices so we can operate more efficiently as we grow.
- Provide HR support, including responding to general HR inquiries, questions about payroll and benefits administration; processing separations; and processing onboarding paperwork for Care Pros ensuring that all compliance documents are accurately recorded and up to date. within designated turnaround times.
- Responsible for the full cycle infection control process in partnership with the Trust and Safety and Care Pro HR teams; ensure all clearance guidelines are met in order for Care Professionals to safely return to work.
- Responsible for the entire lifecycle of non-work related injuries or illness to include ADA interactive process and disability benefits.
- Build positive relationships with Care Pros through excellent and proactive communication.
- Maintain Care Pro online profiles in HRIS and Admin and generate reports as needed.
- Provide employment verifications, unemployment claims, and answer employee questions about HR-related matters.
- Assist in managing HR joint inbox; assign emails to its appropriate team members.
- Manage all incoming mail related to unemployment claims, CA – SDI applications, employment verifications, returned paychecks, etc.
- Identify HR related issues that require escalation to management; investigate, document and report relevant information.
- Review and approve pending changes in Paylocity to ensure smooth payroll processing, including but not limited to demographic changes, direct deposit changes, timecard adjustments or missing hours, and review sick leave requests per assigned market in Honor’s admin platform
- Prepare badges, passes, and identification cards, and perform other security-related duties.
To succeed in the role, you’ll need:
- 2+ years of customer service experience
- 1+ year experience in HR
- Bachelor’s degree, HR certificate or equivalent experience
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong problem-solver with ability to work independently as well as part of a team
- Experience working in a high growth company and the ability to adapt to ongoing change
- Exceptional attention to detail and ability to balance multiple assignments
- Excellent technical skills and ability to learn new systems quickly
- Knowledge of HR best practices, systems, and protocols
- Positive, can-do attitude, and professional telephone demeanor
- Willingness to work on weekends on a consistent weekly basis
- Flexibility to work at least one weekend day is required
Honor is remote-friendly! We’re hiring across the U.S., with an entirely virtual interview and onboarding process. Most of our positions are remote/work from home and do not require permanent relocation. As conditions allow, we have office space for in-person collaboration in our San Francisco Bay Area, CA and Austin, TX hubs. If you’re looking for a great job that offers you the opportunity to work from home, we’d love to talk to you.