Head of Digital Customer Engagement Solutions
Job ID: 2035895 | Amazon Web Services, Inc.
Do you want to help customers solve their most strategic challenges through cloud technologies?
As the Worldwide Customer Engagement Solutions Leader within the Solutions and GTM Programs Group (SGP), you will own the strategy for creating Solutions to address our customers’ most pressing needs for implementing their digital customer engagement strategies. You will own execution of the Solutions strategy for the Customer Engagement domain by developing and bringing to market solutions integrating AWS services and partners. These solutions accelerate customers’ adoption of AWS to drive their business transformations.
The SGP team’s charter is to develop easy-to-use, repeatable, scalable solutions and go-to-market programs. We leverage our domain expertise to work backwards from the needs of buyers and builders, and we anticipate and invent on their behalf. Solutions integrate AWS services, capabilities, and partners, and they’re purpose-built to address priority customer use cases — and the innovation, modernization, and transformational business outcomes customers seek. When using our solutions and programs, customers achieve outcomes measurably faster, with lower effort and risk.
You will own the annual strategy, customer adoption goals, and revenue goals for solutions in the Customer Engagement domain, leveraging your expertise in these technologies, and working with customers, account teams, and business development teams to identify and prioritize customer needs. You will identify the optimal solutioning approach for addressing customer use cases and work with AWS Solution Architects, engineers, and AWS partners to develop solutions for those use cases, keeping in mind ease-of-use and speed of AWS adoptions. You will create go-to-market content that enables our sales teams, accelerate customer adoption of solutions, measure results, and evolve solutions to meet customer needs effectively.
Understanding or experience in architecting and/or implementing modern scalable cloud applications is required, and demonstrated success launching solutions at a global scale is important for this role. You have a proven track record of building complex solutions programs and a good understanding of the Customer Engagement software ecosystem.
Key job responsibilities
As the Customer Engagement Solutions Leader, you will:
- Develop annual solution strategy and solutions roadmap identifying customers’ highest priority needs
- Be accountable for meeting revenue and performance goals for Customer Engagement solutions
- Engage customers, account teams, and industry BDs to develop/validate customer solution needs, and develop prioritization partnering with AWS stakeholders across sales, marketing, and product teams
- Evaluate and prioritize software vendor and system integrator partners for integration into solutions and support partner recruitment
- Support project and solution managers in developing Amazonian documents and GTM packages; may also develop these documents and packages independently
- Work with Solutions Engineering team to develop solutions, and lead the development of go-to-market content
- Lead sales enablement and partner enablement for Customer Engagement solutions
- Enable and train account and product development managers on GTM packages; drive awareness, ongoing adoption, and use
- Proactively engage customers, account teams, and industry business developers to win solution POCs/POVs at early lighthouse customers, and develop solution references
- Engage with influencers, analysts, and media to educate them on the AWS solutions story
About the team
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we’re building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded professional and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have twelve employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and we host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon’s culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team also puts a high value on work-life balance. Striking a healthy balance between your personal and professional life is crucial to your happiness and success here, which is why we aren’t focused on how many hours you spend at work or online. Instead, we’re happy to offer a flexible schedule so you can have a more productive and well-balanced life—both in and outside of work.
- Bachelor’s degree
- 7+ years of relevant work experience in technology-enabled consultative solutions development, product management, product marketing, and/or business development roles in the Customer Engagement domain.
- Experience with systems and applications and technology provider landscape in the Customer Engagement software domain with ability to go deep on relevant technologies
- Education: MBA is preferred, technical background with Computer Science/Engineering/Math is a plus
- Passion for cloud technologies; understanding of public and hybrid cloud platforms
- Experience working in sales, business development, or consulting capacity in providing repeatable solutions for digital customer engagement
- Excellent business and financial acumen
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal. Experience communicating with both technical and non-technical stakeholders across multiple teams
- Strong leadership skills are key, with proven verbal and written communications skills with demonstrated ability to work effectively across internal and external organizations, and lead through influence.
- The right person will be analytical and data-driven, and demonstrate balanced strategy and planning, and execution skills
- Working knowledge of software development practices and data center/infrastructure/networking/database systems/core distributed computing concepts/fundamentals of cloud computing and virtualization/storage systems / Analytics / emerging paradigms like IoT, Machine Learning, etc. is highly desired.
L7 BUS DEV
The base pay range for this position in Colorado is $176,001- $238,118/yr; however, base pay offered may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. A sign-on bonus and restricted stock units may be provided as part of the compensation package, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits, dependent on the position offered. This information is provided per the Colorado Equal Pay Act. Base pay information is based on market location. Applicants should apply via Amazon’s internal or external careers site.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
- US, Virtual
- AWS Business Development
- Business & Merchant Development