Client Billing Service Representative
Thriveworks is seeking a Remote Client Billing Service Representative to join our growing team! Our mission here at Thriveworks is to help people live happy, successful lives. We believe that everyone can find value in working with a mental health professional and strive to ensure people all across the US have that very opportunity.
Compensation: $19.00 per hour
- Provides Outstanding Customer Service to both internal and external customers utilizing phone, email, and chat features
- Investigate and work on aging claims, you will work to determine accuracy on accounts, the role is a combined actual billing role, and then support for billing either email, call or chat
- Answers patient calls in a professional and timely manner, projecting proper telephone etiquette while adhering to HIPAA guidelines
- Displays professionalism in the workplace maintaining a positive team attitude
- Requires handling heavy inbound telephone, email, and chat inquiries from patients, attorneys, and other interested parties along with resolving various written correspondence from insurance companies and patients. Will require white glove service related to escalations.
- Follow up on complicated calls and chats to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Will make outbound calls to collect outstanding patient balances, and will work with the team to achieve and maintain key AR benchmarks.
- Respond to patient billing and insurance inquiries and facilitate resolution of financial issues promptly
- Be an advocate for our Members by completing the monitoring and resolving all client concerns, billing questions, patient responsibility, medical records requests, claim denials, and insurance payments.
- Thriveworks is growing, so a true career path is at your fingertips
- Be a part of a diverse and progressive organization
- Brand pride, you truly are helping people
- Team environment
- 401K with a 3% employer match
- Paid Time Off
- Healthcare, Dental, Vision, and life insurance benefits – additional coverage options available such as Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability, Group Accident Insurance
- Professional EAP program for team members & household
- Professional development & advancement opportunities
- 2 years of experience in full-cycle medical billing or schooling.
- 3 years of Customer service experience or a combination of medical billing and CSR
- Healthcare compliance and billing terminology knowledge
- A firm grasp of web-based billing software or Electronic Health Records
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to resolve payment issues and effectively follow up with insurance companies.
- Knowledge of insurance guidelines, especially those associated with Medicare and Medicaid as well as ICD 10 and CPT codes.
- Maintain focus with interruptions
- Soft skills or de-escalation skills
- Critical and analytical thinking skills to help resolve billing issues and collect payments
- Professional acumen through action and communication
- Must be able to learn new concepts and processes quickly
- An above-average aptitude for internet/computer use
- Energetic, with a positive attitude
- True and patient problem-solving skills
- Must be very detail-oriented
- Self-driven attitude and ability to work well independently
- Experience in high-pressure environments
Thriveworks is a growing company that provides a challenging and rewarding work environment as well as a culture that promotes open communication and teamwork. Successful employment candidates are expected to embody our Core Values. If you are looking for an exciting and rewarding employment opportunity, apply to Thriveworks today!
This position requires a 90-day probationary period upon hire; offers are contingent on satisfactory criminal background checks and reference checks.