locations: Remote – USA
time type: Full time
job requisition id: R1439
Here at Savista, we enable our clients to navigate the biggest challenges in healthcare: quality clinical care with positive patient experiences and optimal financial results. We partner with healthcare organizations to problem solve and deliver revenue cycle improvement services that enable their success, support their patients, and nurture their communities, all while living our values of Commitment, Authenticity, Respect and Excellence (CARE).
- Select and sequence ICD-10 CM and PCS codes for designated patient types which may include but is not limited to: Acute Facility Inpatient for Teaching Level facilities.
- Review and analyze clinical records to ensure that MS-DRG assignments accurately reflect the diagnoses/procedures documented in the clinical record.
- Abstract clinical data from the record after documentation review to ensure that it is adequate and appropriate to support diagnoses, procedures and discharge disposition is selected.
- Complete assigned work functions utilizing appropriate resources.
- May act as a resource with client staff for data integrity, clarification and assistance in understanding and determining appropriate and compliant coding practices including provider queries.
- Maintain strict patient and provider confidentiality in compliance with HIPPA
- Participate in client and staff meetings, trainings, and conference calls as requested and/or required.
- Maintain current working knowledge of ICD-10 CM and PCS and coding guidelines, government regulations, protocols, and third-party requirements regarding coding and/or billing.
- Participate in continuing education activities to enhance knowledge, skills, and maintain current credentials.
- Support Savista’s Compliance Program by demonstrating adherence to all relevant compliance policies and procedures as evidenced by in-service attendance and daily practice; notifying management when there is a compliance concern or incident; demonstrating knowledge of HIPAA Privacy and Security Regulations as evidenced by appropriate handling of patient information; promoting confidentiality and using discretion when handling patient and/or client information.
- Performs other related duties as assigned or requested.
- Candidates must successfully pass pre-employment skills assessment.
- An active AHIMA (American Health Information Association) credential including but not limited to RHIA, RHIT, CCS or an active AAPC (American Academy of Professional Coders) credentials COC (formerly CPC-H), CCS-P, or CPC or related specialty credential.
- Three (3) years of recent and relevant hands-on coding experience with all record types: Acute Inpatient
- Knowledge of medical terminology, anatomy and physiology, pharmacology, pathophysiology, as well as ICD-10 CM & PCS code sets.
- Ability to consistently code at 95% threshold for both accuracy and quality while maintaining client-specific and/or Savista production and/or quality standards
- Proficient computer knowledge including basic MS Office knowledge. Basic MS Office knowledge includes data entry, sort, filter, copy, paste and password protect functions in Excel and/or Word programs. Basic MS Outlook knowledge is opening and responding to emails and accepting and scheduling meetings using the Outlook calendar.
- Must display excellent interpersonal and problem-solving skills with all levels of internal and external customers
- Associates degree in HIM or healthcare-related field, or combination of equivalent education and experience
- Recent and relevant experience in an active production coding environment strongly preferred
- Experience with multiple Electronic Medical Record software applications including but not limited to EPIC, Cerner and Meditech.
- Experience with multiple Encoder software applications including but not limited to 3M, 3M360 and TruCode.