Job Title Communications Assistant, US-based (pref. NYC)
Start Date ASAP
InfluenceMap’s success depends on mutually beneficial relationships with our partners and stakeholders who rely on our content. As Communications Assistant for North America, you will be their key point of contact. You will be responsible for establishing and developing long-term relationships for InfluenceMap, with a particular focus on North American-based media and partners.
You will also contribute to the evolution of our branding and messaging and will work with our global team to ensure that InfluenceMap delivers this messaging effectively. You will also play a role in expanding and managing our global events program, with a focus on online seminars and webinars. We place great importance on written communication, and you should be prepared to support the team in creating reports, proposals, and other content to meet our exacting standards in both style and presentation. Full training in our content, communications methods and other required skills sets will be provided. This is an opportunity to be part of InfluenceMap’s expansion in the US and to make a real difference on the climate agenda in the US and globally.
- Salary $50-60K (depending on experience) + health plan and optional 401K
- 25 days paid vacation per year + statutory holidays circumstances. It can either be a full time UK employment contract or a consultant contract.
- This position is based in the US. While this is a remote position, Eastern Time Zone is highly preferred. We have an office in New York City (Manhattan)
- This is a full-time position, starting as soon as possible.
Role and Responsibilities
- Research and expansion of our media database in North America, to maximize our reach.
- Research and expansion of our network of partners (NGOs, civil society groups, policy maker offices) and facilitating communications to these partners.
- Work with our global Communications Manager and analysts to develop and proof external content such as press releases, investor briefings, and website/social media copy.
- Organize webinars, events and speaking opportunities for the InfluenceMap team both in the US and globally.
You will report to the US Program Manager at InfluenceMap, based in New York and work closely with our global Communications Manager (UK, London-based). You will be empowered to be assertive and use your initiative in this role.
- 1-2 years’ experience in public relations/communications is highly desired.
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to multi-task and handle time-sensitive work.
- Excellent internet skills and experience in common software packages (MS Office, Dropbox, Salesforce, Mailchimp) is highly desirable
- Fluent English with excellent writing skills and a keen eye for detail is essential (we aspire to the writing style of The Economist).
- Right to work in the US.
- Knowledge of our work area (climate change/finance/business) is useful.