Love traveling in your spare time?
Like the idea of a Remote / WFH work model?
Excited to work within an International team?
Want to be part of a rapidly scaling company?
YOUR JOURNEY STARTS HERE…
This position presents the opportunity to work in a business-critical role in a rapidly growing company. You will also uphold our four core values:
- Be the solution – take ownership, drive collaboration
- Be resourceful – strive for new wins every day
- Be honest – default to transparency
- Be respectful – treat others like you want to be treated
We encourage applicants from diverse backgrounds and underrepresented groups and would invite you to apply. A diverse workforce is a highly productive one, so why not take a chance, send us your application even if you don’t meet all our requirements, we may surprise you!
Culture add is so much better than “culture fit” and welcome applications from all groups, irrespective of your, age, disability, gender reassignment, gender, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex, veteran status and sexual orientation.
Role and Responsibilities
WeTravel’s global Communications department is excitingly growing to support the business’s accelerating public profile, so we’re introducing a newly created, cross-functional Role: Communications Specialist with social media and media relations expertise.
Reporting into the Global Public Relations Manager, the ideal candidate has a passion for crafting and sharing multi-media and traditional-format narratives through social media channels (Facebook [Meta], Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn and Youtube), content building, and press outreach.
In this role, the successful candidate is WeTravel’s public voice; as an internal brand advocate you’ll source the narratives from our platform and product to our Academy content to external trends and resources to assist in growing WeTravel’s public-facing profile, with a united and clear brand voice. Beyond crafting and distributing narratives, the successful candidate understands the importance of engaging and connecting with the business’s public community through social media, content and press to continue to build awareness.
Most importantly, the ideal candidate will lead through creativity and innovation, always seeking new opportunities channels, outlets, posts to push WeTravel into the right audience, at the right time, with the perfect story.
- Develop and maintain the monthly Social Media Content Calendar for multi-channel distribution, understanding that different content publishes on B2C-facing platforms like Instagram and Facebook, while Twitter and LinkedIn require B2B-focused content
- Work with videographer and graphic designer to sync graphics with copy on social media channels you’re a dynamic, powerful team when words and images mesh
- Consistently track and analyze WeTravel’s social media performance in line with OKRs to understand key growth opportunities and strong performance areas, currently tracked through Sprout scheduling platform; prepare weekly and monthly tracking reports to present to Global PR Manager
- Grow and develop WeTravel’s social media community through organic outreach strategies and community engagement opportunities, including maintaining WeTravel’s private WeAreWeTravel insiders’ group and Retreat Leader Hub
- Build external relationships with content creators and travel influencers (specifically tour and group travel operators) to lead user generated content (UGC) on social and content platforms
- Manage the outreach and execution of WeTravel’s community-driven Academy, Women in Travel, and reuse the content for distribution on social channels
- Work with WeTravel’s Global PR Manager to draft press releases, pitches and find appropriate press contacts for the brand’s narrative
- Passionately discover and reveal new social trends that suit WeTravel’s business and narrative, consistently presenting creative ideas to the team to further our brand awareness. Think: The TikTok debate, should we or shouldn’t we?
Skills Knowledge and Expertise
- Four years+ of social media, public relations, or marketing experience, with clear, real-world experience with social media platforms
- Proven understanding of the importance of channel-specific content, ultimately finding passion in using WeTravel’s organic outlets to reach and sell to a wide, global audience through engaging them with content they want, not what WeTravel wants
- Attention to detail in writing and communication, with a keen eye for grammar and word choice
- Ability to handle a heavy task flow through clear and precise communications, managing and updating tasks through Monday.com
- Understanding of social media scheduling tools we use Sprout; content distribution tools like WordPress; and a proven history with media relations monitoring tools, we use Muck Rack
- A passion for public communication and connection, you have to love what you do above all else
- Previous B2B social media, marketing, or media relations experience, specifically in fintech or SaaS
- A network of content creators, journalists, and influencers relevant to WeTravel’s brand especially in the EMEA market
- Multi-lingual, since we speak to a global audience
- Attractive compensation
- Unlimited Paid Time Off!
- Remote-first option (Manager is Toronto, EST, based): Work from home or work remotely, from anywhere in the world; however, you must be available for half-day in North American timezone (EST)
- Flexible working hours that work for you and your circumstances
- As a travel-related company, we have fantastic team retreats, two of our founders love surfing, so it’s normally beside a great beach – it’s Colombia for 2022
- The latest tech you need to be successful.
- For candidates resident outside the U.S, salaries are weighted according to local factors and considerations
Founded in 2016, WeTravel provides a complete booking and payments platform for multi-day and group travel companies of all sizes. We give your clients an easy booking experience while also helping you manage financials, payments to partners or your bank, registration information, and client communication all in one place.
Headquartered in San Francisco, with our secondary hub in Amsterdam, our team is driven to continuously improve our technology; ensuring that our clients always have the best possible solutions at their fingertips.
$50,000 – $55,000 / year