Communications Specialist II
Innovate here. And see your ideas come to life.
It’s an exciting time to work in tech at Edward Jones. We are making massive investments in emerging technologies to improve how we work with our clients and with each other. Relationships are the focus of our business model. And working in Technology here means using your skills to build, deliver and maintain the technologies that enable us to deepen and support those relationships. The best part? We develop and create our own industry-leading solutions internally. And you can be a part of it. Working with emerging new technologies. Creating platforms, programs and experiences that change how we work together and support our client-first focus. Changing the future of our firm, the industry and the advisor-client relationship.
Awards & Accolades
The Digital division supports our firm’s purpose through the modernization of our technology, creating agile ways of working, and supporting data-driven decisions. We are looking for a Strategic Communications Specialist to help support the engagement needs of our growing division. As part of a newer team, you’d have the opportunity to help develop and build our communications channels and processes. You would be directly involved in crafting strategic messages for the members of the division, and facilitating two-way communication with our branch communities. We are a small, but collaborative and fun team focused on improving the engagement of our associates and leaders.
Responsibility Summary :
- Lead content strategy In alignment with firm initiatives,create valuable, compelling content through storytelling to attract and retain a clearly defined audience and, ultimately, to drive client action and support the firm’s vision.
- Creative and channel strategy Align with creative strategies with a design sensibility, positioning and messaging across all channels based on a business objectives. This results in driving a measurable action from the target audience internal or external. Align to brand strategy through written strategy and positioning documents.
- Client insights application -Understands key insights and ensures they are reflected in all deliverables.
- Brand Understand firm’s brand positioning in order to champion the voice of the client. Create and curate content across all channels aligning to brand position and guidelines to increase awareness and conversion rates. Collaborate with strategy and agency teams to ensure alignment with brand vision.
- Marketing and communication consulting/guidance Effectively build relationships to achieve business outcomes. Influence business area leaders and associates and provide guidance on goals, key messages and targeting to deliver client-centric content for a variety of audiences and channels. Serve on virtual teams that cross multiple divisions.
- Change management Lead initiatives and cross-divisional working teams, providing guidance on communication strategy and implementation. Influence change management process by identifying and implementing strategies to commuicate change within organization.
- Measurement/Optimization Understand KPIs, communication and business metrics to measure effectiveness and make recommendations to improve/ optimize. Accountable for communication metrics.
Awards & Accolades
Qualifications Required in the Job:
- Bachelor’s degree in Journalism, Communication, English or related degree required
- 7 or more years of experience in communications or marketing, preferably financial services, showing increasing level of responsibility
- Demonstrate flexibility and willingness to explore different paths to achieve an outcome and adapts to change quickly.
- Understand how to align audience/personas technical and complex topics to develop/align content for employees and target client segments.
- Experience in writing for different media and determining channel activation strategy.
- Understand channel best practices, including, CMS, SEM, SEO, email, public and client websites, social, intranet, etc.
- Collaborate with visual designers, user-experience designers, IS and video producers to produce compelling and cost-effective content.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and processes in a dynamic, matrix environment.
- Effectively build strong relationships to influence and gain consensus with peers and leaders.
- Understand design principles with ability to reinforce brand standards
- Understand financial products and services and requirements regulating marketing them strongly preferred.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Experience in content creation and design in Microsoft SharePoint strongly preferred
Problem Solving and Critical Thinking:
- Must be able to solve complex issues quickly in a cost-effective, collaborative manner, sometimes without guidelines or precedent, to ensure quality is upheld and deadlines are met.
- Provide guidance to other Marketing and business areas on projects that require evaluation, originality and creativity in solving complex problems.
- Ability to, develop and implement creative solutions with little leader direction.
- Ability to navigate complicated group dynamics and conflicting feedback to recommend a solution that meets all parties’ needs.
- Ability to calm stressful situations and provide high level of service in a professional manner.
- Ability to know when to escalate a problem and who needs to be involved.
- Many decisions, impacting several areas or programs, will have to be made without established process or guidelines.
- Ability to gather pertinent information quickly, assess situation and make decision or recommend course of action to others.
- Requires judgment and creativity as well as comfort level in ambiguous situations where there may be no precedent.
- Managing a fast-paced and ever-changing workload calls for daily prioritization.
Span of Influence:
- High degree of influence on communication directly impacting more than 40,000 headquarters and branch employees, and millions of current/potential clients.
- Quality of work reinforces brand image as majority of internal communication and all client content flow through this area.
- Inaccurate information could cause poor client decisions and negatively impact company reputation or result in fines/penalties.
- Serves as point person to business areas to develop and execute business critical content.
- Change management communications may greatly impact established headquarter and branch processes, requiring work across non-related business areas and divisions.
- May lead virtual teams that cross multiple divisions and may include as well as freelance support.
At Edward Jones, we value and respect our associates and their contributions, and we recognize individual efforts through a rewards program that promotes a long-term career, financial security and well-being. Visit our career site to learn more about our total compensation approach, which in addition to base salary, typically includes benefits, bonuses and profit sharing. The salary range for this role is based on national data and actual pay is based on skills, experience, education, and other relevant factors for a potential new associate:
Hiring Minimum: $66,379
Hiring Maximum: $109,459