Compensation and Benefits Analyst
Remote – North America
job requisition id
*This is a remote position that could be based anywhere in the United States.
This is an entry level Rewards position that is a combination of Compensation and Benefits. The Benefits responsibilities will be approximately 70% to 80% of the role. As a Benefits Specialist you will be responsible for maintaining and supporting the day-to-day operations of the Calix group-sponsored benefits and wellbeing programs, primarily in the U.S. and Canada. As a compensation specialist, you will assist other Compensation Analysts with core processes such as reviewing job profiles, FLSA classifications, market data research and survey submissions. This role is an excellent opportunity to learn about Compensation and Benefits while contributing to the success of the organization.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Deliver weekly U.S. and Canada Benefits Orientations for new hires including scheduling and coordination.
- Monitor Benefits Mailbox and provide guidance and support to employees regarding provisions of existing/new benefits, policies, and processes.
- Monitor Workday to review and approve enrollment changes, Evidence of Insurability approvals, tracking late enrollees and verify documentation.
- Support systems testing during Open Enrollment, ACA Reporting, and implementation of new plans and programs.
- Maintain eligibility with outside vendors including new hires, rehires, terminations, leaves, reinstatements, and COBRA events to ensure systems are up to date.
- Review, audit, and process monthly invoices for payment through Accounts Payable and ensure timely payment of premiums.
- Process semi-monthly benefit deduction changes and retroactive adjustments for U.S. and Canada Payrolls and ensure accuracy of changes.
- Provide regular audit support by running reports through Workday and from third-party vendors.
- Coordinate all employee requests for Leaves of Absence with Calix’s third-party Leave Administrator, communicate with managers, and update leave and time tracking systems.
- Coordination of Health and Safety programs including intake of Workers’ Compensation claims, OSHA reporting and compliance, tracking of COVID cases, and interacting with third-party providers and insurers.
- Support U.S. Open Enrollment and Canada annual plan renewals including review of benefits contracts and summaries, scheduling learning sessions and developing communications.
- Create and maintain process documentation for policies and procedures.
- Other global projects and initiatives as assigned such as Wellbeing, vendor RFPs, new country benefit implementations, global mobility projects.
- Audits jobs for content and prepares job descriptions reflecting job responsibilities, activities, duties, and requirements.
- Develops and/or participates in compensation surveys to collect and analyze competitive salary information to determine company’s competitive position.
- Reviews proposed salary adjustments for conformance to established guidelines, policies, and practices.
- Recommends corrective or alternative actions to resolve compensation-related problems. Reviews requests for new or revised classifications to determine appropriate salary grade assignment.
- Reviews and determines FLSA exemptions, job revisions and organizational structures.
- Reviews existing and proposed statutory requirements governing compensation. administration and recommends appropriate courses of action.
- Assist with preparation of special studies and recommendations on subjects such as incentive compensation, bonus plans, sales compensation, or stock options.
- Provide market data and analysis for new positions globally.
- Calix requires all employees based in North America who will work onsite at a Calix office, attend in-person meetings, and/or travel on behalf of Calix to be fully vaccinated. Calix will consider requests for reasonable accommodations as required under applicable law.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment.
- Demonstrated self-starter and self-manager, with persistent follow through on assignments.
- Ability to consistently deliver high quality communication and customer service in a professional and personable manner.
- Strict confidentiality of employee and company data required.
- Exceptional verbal/written skills and attention to detail.
- Strong financial sense.
- Collaborative and flexible approach to duties and support.
- Excellent PC skills, including strong Excel skills.
- Workday or other HR information system experience is a plus.
- BA degree preferred.
- GBA, CEBS certification preferred.
- Travel <10%.
- *Remote-based position located in the United States.