Result of Service
• All current CERF dashboards substantially improved through ensuring data accuracy and better analysis providing additional insights and more intuitive graphics.
• Additional CERF dashboards developed, as listed above.
• All CERF dashboards have a common design, in line with OCHA corporate design requirements.
3 months with a starting date of 15 November 2021.
Duties and Responsibilities
The consultant reports to the rapid response lead in the CERF Programme Unit and works under the technical guidance and closely together with the focal point for the CERF grant management system. Within delegated authority, the consultant will be responsible for the following duties:
Improve current CERF dashboards:
• Review all existing CERF dashboards (about 16) and propose improvements, in consultations with users. Some of these dashboards are work in progress and require substantive improvements.
• Carry out a review of data accuracy, data analysis for better insights, and more intuitive graphics and structures of the dashboards.
• Implement proposed changes in agreement with GMS focal point and supervisor.
Develop new dashboards:
• In consultation with the GMS focal point, supervisor and users, conceptualize and develop new dashboards for the following areas:
o People targeted/people reached
o Timeliness of final reports
o Assignment overview for Programme and Data Assistants
o Repeat recipient countries of UFE allocations
o Cashflow analysis
o Donor indicators
o Standard indicators (concept and mockup only)
o Additional dashboards may be added
Align design of all dashboards:
• Review the design of all dashboards and align it (a) across internal dashboards, (b) with public dashboards developed separately, (c) with CERF practice and (d) with OCHA corporate design guidance.
• Conduct presentations and training sessions on the dashboards for users with different information needs and varying levels of familiarity with the dashboards.
• Ensure operational handover of the revised and new dashboards, including handover sessions and written documentation.
• Perform other duties as required.
Work implies frequent interaction with the following:
• Staff in the Pooled Funds Management Branch
Academic Qualifications: Extensive knowledge and expertise in PowerBI, data management and graphic design of online dashboards.
Proven ability to develop and design high quality dashboards.
Experience: Two years of experience in PowerBI, seven years of work experience in data management, visualization, analysis and/or online dashboards.
Language: Language: Fluency in English is a requirement.
THE UNITED NATIONS DOES NOT CHARGE A FEE AT ANY STAGE OF THE RECRUITMENT PROCESS (APPLICATION, INTERVIEW MEETING, PROCESSING, OR TRAINING). THE UNITED NATIONS DOES NOT CONCERN ITSELF WITH INFORMATION ON APPLICANTS’ BANK ACCOUNTS.