Content Team Lead
- Portland, OR, United States
- Employees can work remotely
It all started with an idea at Block in 2013. Initially built to take the pain out of peer-to-peer payments, Cash App has gone from a simple product with a single purpose to a dynamic app, bringing a better way to send, spend, invest, borrow and save to our millions of monthly active users. With a mission to redefine the world’s relationship with money by making it more relatable, instantly available and universally accessible, at Cash App you’ll have the opportunity to make a real-world impact with your career.
Today, Cash App has thousands of employees around the world with a culture geared toward creativity, collaboration and impact. We’ve been a distributed team since day one, and continue to value working across time zones and continents both remotely and in our Cash App offices.
Our offices are great, but many of our roles can be done remotely from the countries where Block operates. We tailor our experience to champion our employees’ creativity and productivity wherever they are.
Check out our locations, benefits and more at cash.app/careers.
The Content and Communications team on Customer Knowledge is looking for a Lead to help grow the team, ensure delivery of timely and accurate information for internal teams and customers, and increase content adoption. You will manage the performance of a growing team of Content and Communications Coordinators and Content Specialists. Entry Content Specialists each support 1-2 larger product workstreams and own continuous improvement for internal Knowledge Base; Specialists are aligned to multiple product areas and develop and launch feature-related content (from updates to new launches).
Day-to-day, the Content Team Lead will build a high-performing team, bring awareness to Content projects and success, guide strategy for the team, and identify continuous improvement opportunities.
Reports to: CCO Content & Communications Lead
- Lead and measure a growing team of Content Specialists, including team strategy for CCO workstream alignment, hiring, coaching, and on-going development
- Guide delegation of work among team, including workstream alignment and speciality projects
- Set clear expectations and drive improvements around communication launches, timelines, and cadence for team (KPIs)
- Manage Content ticket system (currently Jira ServiceDesk) and share trends and areas for improvement, including automation, reporting, triage, and prioritization
- Ensure large-scale projects are sufficiently supported by aligning Content support, and own related strategy initiatives, in collaboration with Customer Knowledge and business DRIs
- Create guides and scalable processes for the team (e.g., tutorials, onboarding) including communicating the team’s value and impact
- Build great relationships with functional teams through recurring meetings and initiative mapping
- Report on core metrics and KPIs for team, and provide updates to Lead and stakeholders on projects (e.g., Help Center content audit – report and act on customer views, contact rate, etc, and make recommendations to Content, Voice of Customer, Marketing, and Product)
This role is open to all CCO sites (Portland OR, Atlanta GA, St. Louis MO, Philadelphia PA) & U.S-Remote
- 1+ years relevant experience writing/editing content and 1+ years of successfully managing customer-facing teams (with the metrics to show for it)
- 2+ years of technical/product content creation experience with examples of launching large projects, measurable results, and improvements to content launch workflows
- Experience working within high levels of ambiguity (new teams, systems, processes)
- Strong interpersonal and communication abilities – you can break down complex topics and build partnerships
- Data driven, including experience establishing, reporting on, and empowering team to achieve Service Level Agreements (SLAs) and/or KPIs
- Proven ability to develop direct reports, and can hold team members and cross-functional partners accountable to shared expectations
- A passion for empowering Cash App customers and direct reports through educational content that both solves problems and helps them grow
Even better, you have:
- Financial or tech Industry experience
- Direct understanding of Cash products and workflows
- Experience with a large CMS and/or scalable content