Continuous Accounting Expert (Remote North America or Europe)
Remote – United States
Remote – United Kingdom
Remote – Netherlands
Remote – Ireland
Remote – Germany
Remote – Spain
Job Requisition Id: 64754
We’re looking for a Director of Continuous Accounting with experience helping Controllers transform their processes leveraging technology. The successful candidate will have demonstrated experience leveraging technology to transform critical accounting processes, so they provide real time reporting and analysis.
Analysts create must-have insights for our clients through published research and client interaction. You will meet with clients every day: in a videoconference or from the stage at a Gartner event. In every client interaction, and every insight you produce, you will help clients solve difficult puzzles that lead to better performance.
What you’ll do
Advise CFOs and their leadership team on best practices in continuous accounting
Deliver high quality actionable advice through face-to-face and video-based presentations and discussions with clients (1:1 and 1:many)
Remain ahead of the curve on developments and issues within specified areas of expertise as well as applicable adjacent areas
What you’ll need
- 10+ years’ experience in Controller or similar roles
- Demonstrated experience with reporting and close and consolidation technologies such as S4Hana and Blackline
- Demonstrated experience transforming the close, and general and process automation/transformation
- Subject matter expertise in finance technology, Controller, financial close and consolidation
- Strong business acumen
- Bachelor’s or equivalent experience, Master’s degree preferred
- Ability to conduct occasional travel, regionally and globally
Who you are
- To thrive in this role, it helps if you are obsessed with your topic! Gartner analysts are correctly viewed as THE experts. This means you need to know your markets, vendors, trends, management practices, etc. and be able to see the forest and the trees.
- Excellent collaborator with the ability to quickly build rapport and gain client trust
- Confident presenter with a high level of executive presence (prior experience with speaking engagements is a plus)
- Analytical thinker with the ability to process information quickly and make actionable recommendations
- Willing to challenge conventional norms and views
Who are we?
Gartner delivers actionable, objective insight to executives and their teams. Our expert guidance and tools enable faster, smarter decisions and stronger performance on an organization’s most critical priorities. We’ve grown exponentially since our founding in 1979 and we’re proud to have nearly 16,000 associates globally that support our 14,000+ clients in more than 100 countries.
What makes Gartner a great place to work?
Our teams are composed of individuals from different geographies, cultures, religions, ethnicities, races, genders, sexual orientations, abilities and generations. We believe that a variety of experiences makes us stronger—as individuals, as communities and as an organization. That’s why we’re recognized worldwide as a great place to work year after year. We’ve been recognized by Fortune as one of the World’s Most Admired Companies, named a Best Place to Work for LGBTQ Equality by the Human Rights Campaign Corporate Equality Index and a Best Place to Work for Disability Inclusion by the Disability Equality Index. Looking for a place to turn your big ideas into reality? Join #LifeAtGartner
What we offer:
Our people are our most valuable asset, so we invest in them from Day 1. When you join our team, you’ll have access to a vast array of benefits to help you live your life well. These resources are designed to support your physical, financial and emotional well-being. We encourage continued personal and professional growth through ongoing learning and development opportunities. Our employee resource groups, charity match and volunteer programs keep you connected to your internal Gartner community and causes that matter to you.
The policy of Gartner is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, citizenship status, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected status and to affirmatively seek to advance the principles of equal employment opportunity.
Job Requisition ID: 64754
By submitting your information and application, you confirm that you have read and agree to the country or regional recruitment notice linked below applicable to your place of residence.
Gartner Applicant Privacy Link: https://jobs.gartner.com/applicant-privacy-policy
For efficient navigation through the application, please only use the back button within the application, not the back arrow within your browser.
Gartner, Inc. (NYSE: IT) delivers actionable, objective insight to executives and their teams. Our expert guidance and tools enable faster, smarter decisions and stronger performance on an organization’s most critical priorities.
Our unmatched combination of expert-led, practitioner-sourced and data-driven research steers clients toward the right decisions on the issues that matter most. We are a trusted advisor and an objective resource for more than 14,000 enterprises in more than 100 countries — across all major functions, in every industry and enterprise size.